Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

How did I live to be so old...

I never thought I would live to be this age....

Yesterday turned out to be  a pretty day...and once I got started, at noon, I did quiet a bit of work. I picked up piles to wood and sticks in the pasture.  I added them to the brush pile that needs to be burned again. Yes, I know that sounds stupid but George has the pasture bush hogged down and I can see all sorts of limbs from Clayton's porch. Most of them were once in the yard.

Speaking of Clayton, I made some good cornbread this morning and some great ham and beans. I cooked up a pumpkin and pureed it up and froze it in bags. I used some and made Erin's Cinderella cake...I think it will taste like carrot cake...but not for sure since it is still cooking. I did not have a bunt pan so I used my angel food pan....It will cook the same, just not as pretty....I also made Robert a chocolate cake. Fog is covering all of my windows since the oven has been on all morning....

BTW Mike Miller (I went to school with him) died in a car crash last night.  He worked at Tanners hardware for years.  I had seen his signs in town, he was running for some office.

I am picking Emmie and Sam up after school today. She needs groceries from WalMart.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Helen I think the stone house and shaw house is the same place

I was always confused as patsy walked over the hill to get there. She said one of the Hampton boys was a thief and I think she said he would steal chickens fron dad
Dad probably just thought they needed them to eat
Daddy too marca dead to the dr for them once

Galla Creek said...

Took m dean to dr is what I was trying to say
This iPad corrects me wrong