Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

For Today....

I have a few plans.....Hopefully I will get everything done....

It has turned off cold today....But  what a beautiful day yesterday....I moved mountains of work yesterday....including putting a piece of tin on the top of Clayton's shed building.... Hopefully it will keep out the rain and snow....I am putting a tin roof on the old well house....The last one is rotting to stays...I think it is the original...If so it has been on 44 years... I have almost all of it off...

Gilbert killed a buck yesterday...He said his deer meat does not taste gamy....So I told him I wanted 2 gallon zip lock bags of stew meat.....He said , "Oh, so you are wanting enough to winter on!." I told him..YES....When he brings it I will divide it into about 1 pound bags and freeze.... for  stew...

I also thankfully got a turkey breast yesterday....from you know who....I dived it into 4 quart bags...I am cooking some this morning and taking old man Marr lunch...

Betty...I used your tools yesterday...rake and shovel....Thanks so much...I love them...Today I have brought all of those dishes into the house....I have the hot water heater turned on and I am washing them....at least I intend to....I also have a board and tree limb picked out for a swing...plus I have wood for a ladder to attach to Pat's old tree....Hannah is excited...

I hear the birds outside...I guess I need a bird feeder...I have cracked corn for the horse....Oh he is fat and pretty..

Oh I don't know Betty...those dishes may have to wait...It does not look so cold outside...I want to put the forks on the tractor and haul all of these rail road ties off that I was able to knock loose from the ground yesterday...

They are saying...40% chance of snow Saturday....

Gilbert and his deer...


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

It is not too bad outside. Let the dishes wait. That deer is pretty big. I hate all deer I hope folks kill a bunch of them. You could grind it if you had a grinder. I have one that goes on the mixer.

Galla Creek said...

Erin said greg got a couple...I say yippee. but it will taste gamy, Helen, Gilbert is lying to you.

Erin said...

Helen, you are welcome to some of our meat. Greg picked up two from the butcher today. I doubt he'd notice if it disappeared.