Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Cool weather...

at least yesterday. I think it is supposed to get hot again. Maybe this is the last time.

Well I have done it now. LOL Clayton has had a black snake that lives under his porch for a few years now.  He commented to me several times he tried to shoot it. That may just have been for Kathy's benifit. Maybe Clayton  did not mind the snake. I don't know. But.... 3 mornings ago I got up and when I walked to the kitchen I looked out the front door and saw what looked like a piece of stick sticking out of the large crack in the porch. My first thought was...That Clayton has stuck a stick in there thinking I would think it is a snake and be scared...Some mornings when I wake up I digress and do not think clearly... Fleta says I'm crazy...but as soon as that thought ran throw my head I knew Clayton was not here and it really must be a snake. So I looked closer and saw about 5 inches of a snake was sticking up out of the crack.

Then I thought I would go out and grab it but realized I would have it by the head so how could I whip it's head off if that was what I had ahold of. Then I had the bright idea of getting a butcher knife and I would cut the head off after I grabbed it. I went to the kitchen and got a knife.. Then I thought.... I just get smarter and smarter in my thinking... I have a GUN!

So I got the gun and went to the front door. The snake was still there. I slowly opened the front door and the snake started to slink back in the hole in the porch...and I shot. I thought I shot it but it went back in the crack in the porch and I could not see it..

Then I thought...well, I will know in a few days because it will smell....last night I thought I smelled a whiff of something dead...This morning I think it is a little stronger...If it gets hot today I  will smell snake for sure.LOL

Gilbert is coming over today. I am leaving...HAHA   I have to take the kids to Sunday School. They spent the night with me. Gilbert is going to hang the gas stove Betty gave me. and he is bringing me some pork. Then he has an  iron seat for Fleta's rake and he is putting down her counter top... I will be home by 11:00 so I will see him...And of course the front door to the house is open... So I imagine he will just come in..Our only living brother...

Betty brought me 2 bird houses...Thank you Larry for making them. They are really nice.  But when Hannah saw them last night, she said Grandma has 2 really pretty ones. Apparently Fleta picked out 2 even before I got to see them...HUMH...No one told me...

Betty, I do love the couch...I put the legs on it last night. I do not see any sag, as you said...

The  kids will be up soon. I hope I have moved the pancake mix up to this house. If not I will have to go down to the trailer...Robert will want pancakes....

We 3 will all ride to Coin Church this morning in my 2 seater car. You know it is all dirt road so I guess we will be safe enough. Hannah will love riding in the middle.

I picked a bunch of hot peppers last night. I washed them and just put them in a quart freezer bag and froze them. That is what Clayton use to do. I still have a few he gave me when I first came down here. When I cook beans or something, I just throw one or two in the pot. Betty I have not cooked your okra yet. I think I will cut them up today and freeze it. I will ask Fleta if she wants me to fry her some before I freeze it all.

For supper last night I made pork (from Patsy's) and mixed vegetables, mashed potatoes, biscuits,  and we had apple butter. Oh yes and I made brownies....Robert just bragged and bragged on my supper. I put a plastic table cloth down in the floor and we had a picknick.  Both kids thought it was great. Easy to impress kids...I called Emmie and she drove up with her friend and I sent some home with them. It is easier to cook when you have a real kitchen...LOL

 I am sitting on the porch drinking my coffee and I have not seen the crazy Douglass Road walking woman. She must have went out and back in before I got up and out here.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Larry made those bird houses 4 u

I gave fleta one from sig garage sale and a tiny
One like a mail box

U need a card table u could use it and then fold it

Galla Creek said...

One bro left to count on
Glad the heater is in
Is there a plug in for the fan?