Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 22, 2014

At Fleta's

I am at Fleta's waiting for some laundry to get dry. I washed her rugs this morning and I am waiting to put them back down. If I do not get them down the floors will be a mess soon.


I had a little trouble finding Fleta's computer. Greg's was lying on the floor, but it was to old. George's was on the counter but it was to slow. I found Fleta's in the bedroom and it was just right. So I am using it.


Fleta went to town yesterday and she bought me white radishes....At least that is what she said. I was excited till I saw it was just seeds. They are still at her house somewhere.


George drove Emmy to school this morning so I did his house work for him. George and I work things out pretty well. You know he has chores.


Fleta will be home for the next 5 days so I will not be up here doing house work. JR gets home tonight so I guess I should go to his house and clean a little. He put wood floors down in his kitchen, dining, laundry, and pantry. It only took him 2 days and actually it did not even take him 8 hours but he worked on it 2 days. He did it bare footed. I told him I had never  seen a man with that big of feet run around bare footed. He ran the skill saw and held the board with his foot....bare footed. Made me nervous.


Fleta has 2 flies in her house. Someone left the door open. Glad I will be going home soon. She can kill them later. She carries a fly swatter around all of the time.


I saw the prettiest red bird this morning on Fleta's porch. It was fire engine red!  But, by the time I got the camera going it had flown away.


I ran out of propane 2 days ago. I was not to worried about it. Who wants to cook anyway. I talked to George and said next trip to town would he please take my bottles to get filled. No hurry....THEN...yesterday morning I opened the frig door and it was not very cold. Then I noticed the freezer  stuff was thawed. Then I realized my frig ran off of propane. I called George that no hurry thing suddenly became ...we have to go now.  He took them off and ran them to Berryville and put them back on for me. So yesterday I cooked 20 biscuits....48 fish sticks...and took thawed bread rolls and made cinnamon rolls. I ate 4 fish sticks yesterday. I have a whole plate full wrapped in suran wrap  in the frig. Fleta and I was laughing last night. She said I should put 2 cold biscuits on the side and take all of those fish sticks up to Clayton's and tell him I made him supper...Wouldn't he just flip out.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

What fun you are having!

The computer story sounded like the three little pigs!

Winnie said...

Sure wish that laundry