Total Pageviews

Monday, May 15, 2023

Rain rain rain…



 But I knew it was coming. I looked last week and it was supposed to rain for like 10 days straight. It looks like rain right now and it’s still supposed to rain tomorrow. Fleta and I have tomato plants to put out but I remember one year they drowned we had so much rain, so I’m not sure that I’ll get out there and do anything I need to dig some grass and weeds out of the bed dear sister brought me a good bag of miracle grow soil, so maybe they’ll do all right who knows. 

Our yard looks good Gregory mowed it right before the rain started a couple of days ago the peonies have bloomed in they’ve all gone away. I still have some irises out there that are blooming and I have some zanies coming up from last year where I’m gonna put the tomato bed this year again, you know I have to try and feed the deer there. That’s what happened the last time.

I made beans and rice today to eat. I love both of them now I’ve got a find something to put those leftovers in so it doesn’t ruin and I have some food I bought today. I still need to put away all I took care of with the freezer and refrigerator stuff. And I’m determined to make some cookies today. I’ve been wanting to for a few days but just haven’t got to get up and go yet but I am wanting some oatmeal cookies so badly, I also have lots of peanut butter. I guess I could make both the last peanut butter ones I made I cooked for too long and they were not very good. You know how that goes do you win some you lose some. 

It is been a beautiful day. I think it’s about 85 it’s not been hot in the house. I haven’t even turn the fan on. Took the hotspot back today and picked it back up for Fleta. You know I use it for both of us. I appreciate that.

Fleta said over memorial day weekend she’s going to see Betty asked if I wanted to go I told her no she’s really no fun to go with and then when we get down there I am Betty just talk about dead people dead dead dead…

Astrid had her wedding party yesterday and it all looks so nice her and Laura Jean are very talented about planning things and it just looked wonderful. I love the way Laura made a cake out of three different size pans of cinnamon rolls. It was such a cute idea of course Asti looked very charming in her little white dress kind of a son Gozie dress. It was very cute, Laura Jean had one picture with her and her teacher friend Amy and she was grinning so big. I hope she had a wonderful wonderful, blessed day. 

It’s kind of amazing how the rain has not bothered me even though it’s been several days usually I’m like oh it’s raining again but it’s really not been any big deal. I’ve kind of enjoyed it. Lightning hit the house yesterday. I have a plug-in on the outside of the house that is a 220 that Clayton put in there for a big air conditioning unit that he always used. I was sitting here on the couch and I heard the lightning hit it. By the time I jumped up and ran outside. The plug was smoking and about to set the window sill on fire, I threw the breaker right fast, and through some water on the socket then I called Jr and asked him to come and cut the wire , he come up here and did it. I’ll have to contact Kelly and ask him to re-wire it but as I told Fleta I’m gonna wait till he sells this bunch of chickens because he’ll have me over there picking up dead chickens to make up for him working over here and I’d lot rather pick up a little ones the bigger ones . 

I was right it’s 5 o’clock and starting to sprinkle. I think I’ll go sit in Betty swing for a little bit and just enjoy the coolness.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I agree wait til he sells the chickens.