Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 2, 2020

I'm drinking from my saucer..

 This poem is so fitting describing my life.

I have never made a fortune,
And I will never make one now
But it really doesn’t matter
Because I am happy anyhow

As I go along my journey
I am reaping better than I have sowed
I am drinking from the saucer
Because my cup has overflowed

I don’t have a lot of riches,
And sometimes the going’s tough
But with kin and friends to love me
I think I am rich enough

I thank God for the blessings
That His mercy has bestowed
I am drinking from the saucer
Because my cup has overflowed

He gives me strength and courage
When the way grows steep and rough
I will not ask for other blessings for
I am already blessed enough

May we never be too busy
To help bear another’s load
Then we will all be drinking from the saucer
When our cups have overflowed

By: Ellen Bailey




1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Our Pastor used to say that all the time.