Total Pageviews

Monday, August 31, 2020

Life is exciting..

 So today I went to the Berryville hospital for a stress test. In order th have this procedure they have to insert  pic line. Doing this is always an adventure on my poor ole chemo veins. One nurse started off and pricked me 3 times and could not get it. Then she called the "pro" sticker. She also stuck me 3 times and could not get it. They wrang their hands and called the 'old pro pro' after 2 sticks she got it in..not real good but in.


They put radio active dye in and then flushed it..they did a scan.That went fine.

 Then I went to the room where there were 4 nurses and my doctor. They hooked me up to all those leads and put saline in my arm again. It went in and did not burn to bad. Then they put the stuff in to make my heart race. It burned really bad....really bad.  It did not make my heart race cause it was laying in my arm in a big knot outside of the vein. They wondered why my heart did not race. I showed them why.  I dont know if this happens often or not but it happened to me. They quit and called that part good.


They got me up and I had to eat something. It was supposed to push that medicine through my system . Since it was sitting in my arm under the skin it did not work.


After that they took me back to the scanner for another scan of my heart. Just like before I had to put my arms above my head...... this was also above my heart...yes,


needless to say the medicine started working. The nurse pulled me out of the scanner and I got better. We finished the scan with my left knotted arm down by my side...lol


Should have been the end ..but no...after I had gotten home for about 30 minutes my head went dizzy and I was not well. It was like a really low blood sugar issue. It didnt last long cause I went to sleep...or passed out one or the other...lol


Anyway I am back to my normal crazy self. I guess my heart is fine or I would have died. I'm not doing this again....



1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Oh, dear, what will it be next.