Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Tuesday company

What a great day I have had. 

Some friends I've known since 1976 from Arizona, moved  back to Oklahoma 14 years ago They came to see me today. 

They're spending two or three days down at Harrison in a hotel and coming up and seeing me during the day. 

Today we played cards and ran around a little bit. They think I live really far out in the Sticks. They have a brand new pickup that now has mud all over. 

They'll be back tomorrow morning. I'll fix us a little lunch and we'll talk some more and play more cards. 

Sharon thanks my life is really boring. I don't think she could stand living here long. She has not met Fleta yet and that is quite amusing. At least that keeps me amused.


Tmorrow is church night. Fleta is taking barbecue chicken and I'm going to make my usual cakes or cupcakes. Fleta will take them for me. 

I'm going to stay home 

My excuse is I have company...Truth be known, they will probably be back to the hotel by that time. Maybe not who knows, regardless I'm pretty tired. 

The birds in the yard are well fed. All's been going great her. In the mornings getting the two little ones off to school has been no problem. I quite enjoy it.

Robert and I usually have a conversation every morning. Tomorrow I've got to remember to take some milk down for him he's out. IF I forget it I'll have to come back to the house.. For some reason he does not seem to accept..oh sorry Robert I forgot that this morning..I don't think that would go over well. 

A lady at church has some flower bulbs to give me I forget what they were but I'm really excited about getting them. I either need to make a trip to her house or maybe she'll bring them to fleta tomorrow.

Well it's only 8 but I'm just wore out so I'm going to get ready for bed get up in the morning to start my day again. The weather is beautiful. I refuse to believe that spring has not sprung... no more cold weather.

Sharon keeps trying to be a downer and say oh no we're going to have more Winter.... though I don't think so... God is good today. 

Junior's going to Colorado Thursday he's flying out by way of Melissa she's glad to get to see him. I'm sure he will have a lot of amusing stories there is never a dull moment when he is around. 

Gilbert built me a little step Shelf so I can reach my cupboards it slides in and out under the cubbards perfectly. I'm so proud of it. I put vinyl  squares on the top of it. Clayton had some left over from the floors in the house.

I have got to contact Kelly about pigs and see if he has any at al. He started out with over 11 but last thing I knew there was only 3. I don't think that is a very good ratio of life versus death. We had better luck than that with the goats. 

I'm posting this from my phone while laying in bed that's why it's just all long long sentence.** I have just fixed it this morning while sitting at Fleta's****

 I have been working on the used front door I bought four $100. I now have it sanded. I bought navy blue paint for it..Yes Betty navy blue ...Betty I'm going to paint both sides of it that color it will be shocking. Then again look at the color of my kitchen and I love it....

 The Shelf Larry made you posted on your blog is beautiful.... I don't guess I could talk him into making me one.  It would not even have to be out of cedar.  I'm not sure what I could put on it or where I could put it but it would be nice to have in Daddy's house. We all have donated a little something something to make it seem like home again. So something made from Larry would be great. Although I do have the bird houses. I have to admit and they are fabulous. 

 I could really use a shelf to go below the cupboards over on the left hand side of the sink maybe four foot long just a thought... I'm sure I could find something to go on it like dishes...that I could then reach. Just put a bug in his ear. 

I can't wait to get your rugs  I went to Harrison yesterday but I did not know I was going till I wa's on the way. 

By the way I was contacted by one of the young Powell girls who is trying to do genealogy. She contacted me because I am on Facebook.I am on that page you made with the three sisters.  which I thought was funny at first. But I did not expect to have to really do anything.  I gave her your phone number and told her you love to talk about this and will be more than glad to help her. Let's see, I think it was DK's granddaughter maybe ...then again I could be wrong.  Don't worry I'm sure she'll call. I know people who chase dead people are relentless. 

She thought she might have information you wanted. I did not try to discourage her. I am sure she has no information you want but I'll bet she could get you pictures you want.

We got rain last night we really needed it.It was still warm today trees are blooming. I need to walk down and check on the dogwood tree. I love getting sprigs of that. 

Betty,  we sure do miss you. If you get time you should drive down and see if it's getting as beautiful at your house as it is down here. As I said winter is over it is now spring I am sure of it and I refuse to believe differently love to everyone.....

2 comments:

Winnie said...

71 today and snow expected Friday...it's wild in Missouri...I certainly do not like winter

Galla Creek said...

So glad you posted.

Too much company is too much fun!