Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Here ya go..

An honest heart felt post...


As you saw from Sister Betty's post and Sister Fleta's post...whom I love both dearly...Fleta bought me potting soil and a ton of plants for Mamma's kettle that Greg welded back together for me...


I love that old kettle and have memories of us putting those 3 legs up on rocks and building a hot fire under it and rendering pig  fat into lard... I loved my childhood and now that am grown I feel I was really blessed to have the upbringing I had....No one means more to me than family..


For the last few years Brother Clayton planted plants in Mamma's kettle. It was 3/4th buried in the ground and busted into 3 parts. I now have it wielded together and sitting on blocks in the same spot Clayton had it for years...


So today Fleta stopped after work with about 10 pots of plants and 3 bags of potting soil and instructions for me....The instructions went in 1 ear and out the other...This was Betty's birthday present from Fleta which I reaped ...Now that may be strange in some families but not ours. I am sure sister Betty was proud of her gift as she would have been of anything...


So at sundown....cause that is when Sister Betty has told me I should plant ...I went out and planted a bunch of plants in the old black kettle...I also put  some in Mamma's flower bed as we call it cause it is by Mamma's bedroom window...I planted them as best as I could and watered them all good...I did not take a picture...It would be best to look at sister Fleta's post and see all of them loaded in the back of her truck....This is probably the best they will ever look...


I do not have a green thumb. It is as black as coal. I told Sister Joyce (preacher's wife) this last Sunday, I had a black thumb and killed all plants.....she asked if I prayed as I planted them...I told her no I never do but Sister Betty said if you steal them they grow good and I went to the grave yard and stole 2 pieces of peonies and they were growing great....I do not think she believed me...But you know it was true...


So today as I planted the probably 50 dollars of plants Sister Fleet bought me I said ...Dear Lord...Please let these plants grow and thrive and be beautiful....But God knows what is truly in your heart....while I was praying I was thinking..please help all of the little children suffering right now....please help the Mommies and Daddies who are so sick into drugs and booze they can not take care of their babies...please help our country because we are in a sad state of affairs right now...please help the hungry, the possessed, the haters of the world...


So I am not sure how all those plants are going to do ...So if anyone feels the need to pray for my plants instead of something else please do so...They will need it!

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I pray we will all do better than we did yesterday.
Yesterday is gone. I will not pray for your plants,
but still I hope I get to see a picture by phone of
how they look. That pleasure is sufficient. Today,
they live and we will rejoice in that. Today, they
will bring a smile. Today....