Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

What's for supper.....

 Darrel has an electric trigger smoker. He brags on it all of the time. he smokes a variety of things so last night Kris helped me and we put on a pork butt roast. It weighed about 7 pounds. We started it last night about 9. She showed me how to work the smoker...
 So this morning I get up to check on it...after everyone had gone to work... The smoker was supposed to be about 180 degrees...Instead it was reading 56 and it was cold.  The roast looked pretty good but it was not done. I checked the wood chip bin. It holds pellets. It was almost empty so I went into the garage and got the wood pellets and refiled the bin. I turned the temp up to 225 and stood there and it did not go past 56 degrees...So I figured it must of had a timer that kicked off. I knew the pork was not done so I sprinkled it with some more orange juice and turned the trigger off and back on...sure enough it started. I set the heat to 185. and then went back into the house..

I got the camera to show how pretty the roast looked and how neat this smoker was and 30 minutes later I go out to check on it ..As soon as I stepped out the door I saw the smoke in the picture above. It is supposed to look like that...The blanket over it is a warming blanked. I did notice it was really hot. I pulled the blanket off and burned my finger just a little. Then I looked down to see what the temp said...The dial was set to 185 but the temp screen said ERR.... I was not sure what ERR meant until I opened the lid and this is what I saw...At first I just closed the like and pouted a minute...Then I though well, all of my family would love a picture of this so I took one...
Now I am wondering What's for supper?



4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I always said you should quit...."smokin'"!!!

Galla Creek said...

Smoking...can give you black lung! Oh, you already have one!

Sister--Fleta said...

chilli dogs

Winnie said...

Wow....I don't suppose I want a smoker....