Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

What to do....

So much to do here I am just spinning my wheels...Seems I spend a lot of time contemplating what to do when...That may be on purpose instead of being overwhelmed... I have to be very careful when speaking to JR about how I should do this project or that because in about 2 seconds he has a solution and then I have no excuse.. Here is the back porch I have it all done except I need to tack up 3 boards over the seams...and I have them all ready painted... It does look so much better,,,Mom would say it is clean.
 This spider plant was big and beautiful last year.I bought it at a sale ..It was sitting in an old 'no bottom'  chair...I think I paid 3 buck for the chair and plant. Then the night of the 1st frost I thought the plant would be fine because it was on the porch under cover..WRONG... It froze back to nothing...all winter I do not think Fleta watered it even tho I put it in the bathroom with all of the other house plants...This one just looked like a dirt pot..Then about 2 weeks ago it started growing...It sure took it's time coming out of it...Anyone else would just have pitched it...I know Fleta would have..But it is doing good now.
 The man up the road had a garage sale on Sat when I was driving home...I bought these 3 deer for 10 bucks...I am going to repaint them and move them down by the old kettle where I can see them from the front porch...One needs an ear patch and I am contemplating the best way to paint and patch them,...
 The moss plant was from the discount bin at WalMart...it was not doing well and Fleta said maybe it needs a hair cut so I gave it one and it is doing good...In the other pot is a sweet potato plant and the vine growing up is something that just grows in the yard..
 Betty...the middle window is the one Gilbert fixed....Oh he did a great job...He even replaced the inside window sill...I put a coat of grey paint on it Sat when I got home and I am going to put another coat on as soon as I finish this post...I am also going to paint some more boards for Gilbert to use in fixing the window in Mamma's old bedroom..
 Here is Mamma's bedroom window...That needs new trim all around. I bought a 1"X 12" board for the top. That is what I am going to paint today to have ready for Gilbert when he comes...He is really good at wood working. Oh yes ...and the inside shade...When Clayton installed them he just left them the length they were...He did not shorten them ...So once I started raising and lowering them the weight broke the string....I am making cloth straps to hook over the top rung and I will put a large button on them with a button hole to be able to keep them up...I did remove the extra slats in the living room 3 windows before they broke...yesterday I removed 11 slats from Mamma's bedroom window....and I am sure I could restring it to go up and down but the sewing thing is easier...I will use the same material that I used on my dust ruffle.
 Then I have an Armadillo in my yard,,,Last night it dug under the Kettle...Every morning I have about a dozen new holes in the yard. But they are only 1 little rooting place...Like the pic below...So today I called old Ton and he said they are almost impossible to trap...He said they usually come out as soon as it gets dark...so tonight I will be sitting on the porch from about 8:30 till 10 with my gun cause that is what Tony told me to do..

 I still do not have the pipes all covered but I have been working on it between projects and it is much better..
 I worked on the shed yesterday evening...I am taking off the rotten 1 by 4's and putting new ones on...It will need some paint soon...I may go borrow Georges skill saw..I have been cutting them with a little hand saw...it's slow go for me..

1 comment:

Winnie said...

So happy you are home....can't wait to see you in September....sure hope you are planning to come to the reunion!!!!