Total Pageviews

Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday..

I am in Houston and missing Hannah and Roberts 1st day of school. But Fleta stayed home to fix Hannah's hair. Hannah was pleased I am sure. Not so much about the hair ( she could care less about hair) but Grandma saw her off. She is very close to Fleta...I would say as close as any mother and daughter. Robert still considers  her Grandma, then again Grandma has always been the most important woman in his life.


I made it to Huston just fine in my 14 year old car and I got about 28 MPG which is good. It was hot but that was fine.


Sandy goes for Proton Radiation Monday through Friday She goes at night, around 11 PM. It takes less than an hour total and is withing throwing distance from the apartment. Then once a week she goes for Blood work and sees the doc and has a mild treatment of chemo.  This is also within a mile from the apartment. Since the cancer is in her head she is having a lot of head pain. This causes a lot of problem swallowing. Heaven help me if I could not eat. She also is going to loose her right eye and she has a lot of problem with light. It will all be fine. I am sure.


We have talked 40 years worth of make up news. I am sure I have out talked her two to one....I'll bet everyone is surprised about that.


We had a great summer rain and storm yesterday.I really enjoyed it. It really blew...I hope we had rain up home.


I saw Gilbert got a window fixed. The one that faces the road. Boy it looked good...Not that I am greedy but did he fix the one facing Dan's that is in my bedroom. That one looks so bad. It really is not rotting out like the other one but boy it looks awful. If he did not have time to fix it he will come back he said...JR sent me a picture and said not many people would break in while you are gone and then fix the window back. I will be home in a week to paint it...and just like Mama, my first call will be to Gilbert to thank him and then add, 'Now when are you coming back to do the rest?'


Please do not worry Betty, I am enjoying myself. BTW Billy Peden had been married for years...He has 2 kids and he built them houses on his farm he owned...In Berryville I think...He has now sold his part of the farm and he and his wife moves to Cassville MO. They travel back down to AR all the time to go to Grand kids ball games and such.


Winnie Jo...Hope those Grand Kids are doing good and Sam loves the new school....Glad he has an older Guardian there.


I am in a cool apartment, sitting in bed drinking coffee....does life get any better...LOL

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I know you are doing a good thing to help your old friend, Sandy! I think of Bill Peden with great fondness. After he enrolled in my class, I did not have to sit by Micky Miles who had green moss on his teeth! I sat most years by good old Bill. I am glad to hear about his life. I have wondered about him.

Sandy is your focus, but my focus was you. It is not from the prespective of a friend, but one of sister to sister. I would not want you to walk the edge of a cliff to give a friend a hand. But I am glad you have.

Winnie said...

Thank you so much for the update... You are a good friend. Your home is really looking great...you sure can see all the hard work is beginning to show so pretty...I can't wait to see the back porch👏

Galla Creek said...

Hope you are heading home Helen!

Winnie said...

Hope you are heading home also😘