Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Oh I am so tired....

I have just worked all week but today just topped it all off...


I am to tired to post pictures but...


This morning I started painting the lower side of the house...I started about 7..I used a roller and did all I could reach...Then I put the handle on the roller and did as high as I could reach...Then I pulled out the ladder, Gilbert's 8' a frame ladder and I started painting with a brush. I painted under the eves and then about half way down the house. painting around all of the window frames. Plus there is about an 8' section that is wood like the east side of the house and I had to paint all of that with a brush. I put on 2 coats. I stopped at 1 and had a slice of bread and a slice of bologna. At that point I was so tired I was not sure I could finish. I did not want to have to paint on the ladder another day so I decided I could finish I just had to rest. So the last part was slow go but I finished at 5. I will need to roller 2 more coats and there is some caulking to do but it all ready looks so good.


I saw so many bugs so I did mix up a gallon of strong bug killer and go all over the porches, windows, the outside slab, and a few feet up on the house. I even cleaned out the sprayer when I was done. I think it ruins them to not clean them out between uses. I had sprayed 2 other times but the rains washed it all away, probably.


 I have all of the stuff in the house that I used but while typing this I remembered I do not have the 5 gallon paint lid on good and tight. After this post I will fix that.
When I came into the house just now it was 94 outside but I did not get hot at all. So many shade trees on that side of the house and there was a nice breeze. I am sure I drank a gallon of water. I do not know why we did not play more behind the house.


Also Jr was using the tractor this morning and I asked him to come and haul off the old well house.  He was able to lift it with the bucket and put a strap around and haul it off in 1 piece.
oh it was so nice.
Fleta has been at Missy's since Thursday. Missy has done some things with the kids so hopefully Fleta got some rest. Austin was over most of that time and he loved it. I spoke to her a little while ago and they were at the beach plus Kimmie and the 2 little ones and Austin. Fleta and George were home alone. I wonder if Fleta is taking a nap.


I have had a shower and I have had a cheese crisp for supper. I threw my paint dress away. It was a mess. Well I am going to secure the paint,


Church tomorrow.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Thought maybe you were sick from what you wrote on
My blog, but, no, you have just worked yourself to
Death. Hope you feel like pictures tomorrow. I want to
See "well house gone" picture too!!

Winnie said...

I am so proud of you....that was a lot of work. I can't wait to the pictures😎

Sister--Fleta said...

Yes, Fleta took a nap. I suppose you want to deduct the pay for painting from your rent payment this month?