Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Betty...Come walk to the creek..

I started out in the corner of the yard and I walked down by the pond. just past the pond I crossed the ditch. This 1st picture is where I crawled through the fence between Dan and Fleta. But this used to be Daddy's land. Here I am facing south. The ditch is just about 30 feet west of where I am standing.
 This is just a little ways after I crawled through the fence. I am still walking south I think this is close to the trail we took. I am along the bottom (west)of the brush hill and the ditch runs west of me.
 This is on the trail still heading south. This used to be the walnut grove. The trees on the right just past this front tree....runs along that little pond of Dad's.  The little patch of trees used to be Dan's and Dad's property line.
 Here I got by the pond. I am standing just north east of the pond,The little stand of trees behind the pond are just west of the pond. The old property line, i believe...,Remember it used to be so brushy you could not see past the pond.
 I am just past the pond...Here is the clay hill where we used to drive up driving to the bottom.
 Here I am up on the flat You can barely see Morris house in themiddle of the picture....As I remember we drove on the flat just befor the hill sloped down. The gate was at the north east side of the bottom  land daddy owned. It was at the top of the crest right befor heading into the bottom.
 T think the old gate to get into the bottom was about where I am standing to take this picture....I am shooting east....towards the brush hill...I am at the top of the crest going into the bottom...
 Here I am shooting towards the creek...You can see the Morris house...
 Here is where I crossed the creek I am sitting on the Morris side shooting north to Daddy's side of the creek....I crossed right by the Morris old well house....We used to go into the creek more west of there...But this is where I could cross and get the least wet...I took my shoes and socks off and crossed bare footed...It was not to cold but the rocks hurt...
 This is what was behind me in the last picture. I put my shoes back on and turned around and shot this...Morris well house..one tree (far left) is in her yard and the one standing alone almost in the middle of the pic is just north of the old road ...Morris house is off the left side of the pic..
 Same 2 trees with a better view..
 In this shot I was facing west....Remember the rock ledge on the north (right) side of the road right before you start up the Morris hill....The road was to the left side of the pic....and the spring house was to the right side of the pic...
 Here I walked a little ways up and I am now standing in the road shooting west...and just a little north...here you can see the Morris hill where it starts up.. That rock wall was just off the right side of this pic..
 Morris house..
Morris house...east side..taken standing in the road..

inside the old barn..

 Coming home I crossed about where the bridge washed out...You can see the Marr boys house house...I did not take my shoes off crossing here...I went to that narrow spot and jumped most of the water.. I was really temped to just walk the road going home ....but I thougt no, this may be the last chance I get to walk it...So after I crossed Back on Dad's old land I turned around, faced the creek and shot this..

 This shot is taken from where the road used to be going to the bottom. I turned around and was shooting back towards the bottom land Most of the far off land in the shot would have been Dan's property....This is a new pond Dan built...The line of trees was the old fence line...all but maybe 10 foot or so of the west side of this pond...(right side of the pic..) used  to be daddy's land only. only a small part is on Dan's old place..
 Here I am at the Clay hill...the little pasture pond is off the left side of the picture...You can see the old road cutting through  and on top of  the hillside...The old road Daddy drove to get to the bottom..
 Here I am at the top of the hill....I turned around and shot back towards the bottom.. The main dirt road is about 30 foot left of this shot...
 And here I turned around and pointed towards the house I was standing in the same spot as the last picture just turned around.....see the road just on the right side of the pic......the corner going to Floyds hill is just behind me...
There ya go betty... a walk to the creek.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I so enjoyed the walk. It looks so different. I will come up in April when you get back from your trip and we will wolk it for real.

Looks like Dan has taken good care of the land.

Galla Creek said...

Does someone live in Morris house?
Does the cousin ow it?

Sister--Helen said...

I don't think anyone lives there....I hope not cause I went up and sat on the porch!

Galla Creek said...

Oh dear surely not or they would have shot you,