Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas...

I waited till night time thinking Fleta would post....She has not as of yet.. I hope she took some pictures...I wore my Santa Dress. She did not take my picture.


We ate till we all had to roll instead of walk....Fleta made ham, She had rolls rising and I made them into rolls....She had mashed potatoes that I peeled, boiled, and mashed.... I made a beautiful golden brown turkey, home made dressing, a big green salad, 2 pumpkin pies, a pecan pie, a carrot cake, ...all of my food was really good....well maybe the dressing was not so great but I like only stove top stuffing... I hauled it all to Fleta's....ate and then left all of the mess. I think George had to clean up.... Maybe Greg....I did not ask. I did come home and spotless cleaned Clayton's kitchen! A chore I do not like very well....Everything is so tall...counters, stove, cabinets...I really let the kitchen get messy...It is often piled with stuff that needs to go in a cubboard and I am to lazy to use the step stool and put things away.


The grand kids had a big day...They liked everything...and good ole Winnie Jo sent them gift cards...They are all ready planning on spending them....That was so nice Winnie...Not to mention my gas. And Betty paid way to much on my electric bill...Thanks to all...


Emily gave me a beautiful wall hanging...metal that says Family and small pictures hang from it of my grand kids....Fleta gave me an indoor/ outdoor thermometer...It will be great once I find a spot for it...When Fleta comes up I will ask her where to put it.


It really was a great peaceful day...Fleta got a Cooks ham because Clayton said they are the best....I basted my turkey every 30 minutes and cooked it uncovered because Clayton said that is the best...I guess he was right...the ham was delicious and the turkey was pretty, done, and not dry...


Oh and my girls Tex ed me Merry Christmas...Times they are a changing....


Sure did miss Clayton and Pat today....

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I am getting a phone and u and me will be texting and sending phone pictures!!

Glad ur food was good ours was too. Wish I had had time to walk as it was a beautiful day!

Merry until next year!

Winnie said...

So happy you had a wonderful day....love you Cuz!!!