Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Life is Good....

here on the farm...


I made a trip up to KS to visit Rhea....Oh I had a big time...I took JR's Jeep because I had to haul all of those quilts to Rhea. Jr had almost 3/4 a tank of gas...Then when I got there Marvin said he wanted to drive the Jeep....said, "I've been thinking about buying one."...His Grand Girl, Kalin, turned to me and said.."Grandpa wants a Jeep?'...I said "No, he's going to fill my tank with gas...and I am not going to argue with him"...Talk about a softie...He is! So it was a cheap trip for me...Actually I did make sure Jr had gas back in there when I got home.. BTW...THANK YOU MARVIN!




Marvin and Rhea had a house full, as usual....I got to met Marvin's younger brother, Timmy...He is a twin and is 50 years old...that 50 had nothing to do with being a twin...I guess I just thought I would throw that in.... I met his sister Tammy on the cruse...They are  both so good...Timmy's wife Brenda, is so nice. He lucked out like Marvin did...LOL




I have been on the  net all morning. Rhea had WIFI...Boy, it is a let down to use the phone on the computer for internet...Poor people have poor ways...Yes another one of my Mom's sayings...Actually I do not feel poor at all. I have the best life I have ever had since I was 17.






The weather is warm for this time of year. I do have all 4 heaters sitting up for when it gets cold...For now I have 1 in the bathroom on and 1 in the livingroom. I turned them on when I got up and it is 9 now and warm so I am going to turn them way down.




We have lots of things going on this week for church. I need to make some gift cards for my $1.00 present to give at church. Rhea and I found an ugly brown skirt, at GoodWill...It will work for my costume plus Fleta found a vest, blouse that matches my skirt...Now Fleta bought a velvet skirt that looks much prettier but mine is period appropiate...for some reason Fleta is into pretty for this thing....I am usually the one that wants things just so so but I would wear a toe sack if I had one...I am just not very excited about this thing... We are supposed to bring a picknick basket with food (make believe) to share with the orphan children. I asked Rhea if she had a picknick basket I could borrow...She said, "Yes, a WalMart sack."..I have a very old pillow case that has embroadery on it and I have quilt batting to fill it with and make it lumpy...So I am using that.




George is going to start going to church with Fleta...yippee....I will be dropping out if he goes...I think it is much better for the kids if he goes. JR said he will start going to the big church at Oak Grove if I would go...I think I will take him up on that. I figure if I get him hooked on going over there...Or Emily hooked, rather...Then I can drop out there also. I do listen to church sermons online from Rhea's Church, Tyro Christian Church....Betty they have a great online web page to hear all sermons and their preacher is just the best. I went to church 2 times on Sunday with Rhea...Jamie's boys were in a program...It was so good!


Gilbert sent me a text. He has made me a coffee table out of some old barn wood. He said he will bring it over this weekend. It is very pretty and will be here long after I am gone...Fleta I will not lay on it and die. I know you will want it.


Tony and Sam brought beef down here for me and Fleta. Since I was gone they dropped it all at Fleta's. It was a nice pile of beef. I told Fleta I would rather have mine cooked anyway. I did bring home 2 packages of hamburger, a steak and 2 very small ( about the size of my palm) round steak for fetias.  The round steak I will probably use all by myself. But the hamburger is way to much for just me. One day I will make spighetti sauce and take it to Fleta's. I'm just not a big meat eater but her clan sure is. today I am making some fried rice. I have never made it but it just sounds good for today.


I have wasted half the day away....Guess I need to do something...

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I am glad you are doing ok. I was wondering if you were not feeling well. Winnie and I don't live up there and we need to know you are not laying out in the yard....sick. I recall if you are sick you can't lay on that couch!

Glad you are busy and skipping along! Yes, you should get Jr. and Emmie into church...will be another jewel to go with the ruby you got for helping Sister Patsy. If you get both Jr. and Emmie going you might get a double diamond in your crown.