Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 2, 2014

October is here...

It's a beautiful day here in the Ozarks. It is cooler than it has been the past week. The wind is blowing yellow leaves all over the yard.

Patsy has not been posting. I spoke to her a few days ago and she was not feeling good. Patsy if you do not post soon I will have to go check on you.

I had to go to town yesterday. I do not go unless I just have to. I needed gas for the lawn mower. I got the gas and mowed the lawn. I have been working outside all morning. Plus I am doing laundry at JR's. I often stay down there while I wash since I only have one load or two. I have two today because I changed the bedding plus I had Hannah spend the night so I had extra laundry.

I caught Bandit this morning and rode him out the road. I went to the paved road. I gave him a good brushing and trimmed his hair. He had burs in his front mane. He looks slick and fat. I love it. He was easier to get down the road this time. Thank Goodness.

Saturday Fleta and I am going to the Coin Church to help clean. It is inside cleaning. I am not crazy about it but I really should go help. Fleta is going to walk over there. I will drive. This Sunday is Family Day at the Church. We are having a pot luck. Kris said I should make chicken enchilada casserole. It has shredded chicken, onion, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, green enchilada sauce, and cheddar cheese with torn corn tortillas layered. I don't know if they would like that or not. I am more of a desert baker but I feel I should make a main dish. I could always make a desert for pennies. So I might make an apple pie. I guess I will see.

I have just been sitting outside on the computer. The mail man just went by. I got the electric bill yesterday, It was $68. and the water bill was $26. That is a lot less than I figured they would be. Which is nice.
I have to add, I was pulling grass this morning in front of the porch and when I reached the big crack that runs all the way to the ground, it was obvious the snake crawled to the lower front of the porch to die. I think the other one crawled back under the front door. This one has not bothered me at all.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Make the casserole as it sounds good
That will be a good walk
Was hot here today a front is in the way guess it has reached u already