Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Another Sunday....

Richard's Birthday was Friday and it did not go unnoticed by me or Sister's. We did not post but he was in all of our thoughts.

Betty came up Friday, just after noon. Fleta came up after work and we all had a nice visit. Fleta brought chicken patties from Tyson and we all enjoyed a sandwich. So I did not cook any supper.

Friday night Betty slept on the couch and I in my bed in Mama's bedroom. We talked about everything. We did not get a lot of sleep.

Saturday morning Betty woke me at 7 because she thought I had slept enough! LOL

Really she wanted me to be ready for Winnie Jo.

About 8 Betty and Fleta decided to walk up the Meek hill. I am sure they had a good visit on the road.

Winnie Jo and Mike got here before 9. She brought the 3 of us a quilt from Grandma Powell. Mine was the prettiest.....But I am sure Fleta and Betty think their's is best. I also got a 13" TV that plays  DVR disks....I put it beside my bed so I can watch movies when I fall asleep...Thank you, Winnie and Mike....I will use it daily and really enjoy it. It was perfect for the bedroom...

Winnie Jo made cole slaw to the reunion. I took nothing but myself. Fleta took BBQ wings and a great Cheese Cake Factory cheese cake. It was a big hit. Of course Francis's kids all brought delicious food. They are the best cooks. I enjoyed watching Kenny open his presents. His family all love him just like we did Debby. It was wonderful.

When we left the reunion, we took a drive by the brothers stones....They are both beautiful....Thank you Betty for the stone....and Winnie Jo for the plot.
When we left Fleta said we should have stayed and helped clean. I told her I did not bring anything so I had no mess. I ate off of  2 plates and threw them away. I love the way that works.

Aunt Winnie brought 2 buttons for the 2016 Clinton Campange for Patsy. I handed them off to Fleta so I would not be temped to keep them.

All in all it was a great weekend. Betty made it home safely. I am sure Winnie Jo did also. I should call but have not.

Today, I rest.

Oh the Grand Boy just came up with his new race car from Winnie Jo....He loves it...

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Thanks for all the kind words...but the reality is that Mike and I received the best blessing by being with family we love!!!!

Galla Creek said...

I had a great time and u were the best hostess!

I thought I would die before I made it up that hill!
Could not talk as I had to breathe!

Corn bread and beans were the beat part of the food I had! Franks girls made them !!! So delicious!