Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 27, 2014

I called Fleta

early this morning asking what time we are going to eat.....not till 2 or 3.....she was just starting the dressing...So I went down there. They were not having anything for breakfast and the house did not have any good cooking smells. Just a bunch of raw chicken soaking in salt water.  I know. But that's the truth.

Betty, I offered to help cook but Fleta wants to do it all. I am to make salad and a vegetable.....She told me that was what I was to make. Then she added, 'No one will eat salad, and there is no use getting carried away with vegetables. Just make one thing like green beans. No one really eats the vegetables.' So it appears I am not trusted to cook for her Thanksgiving meal. Sounds like Clayton taking charge of cooking. For some reason I do not have much hope of it being a great meal. Chicken soaking in salt water. It sure did not smell like Mamma's house Thanksgiving morning.

Mostly Fleta was just talking about the 5 miles she walked this morning. She walked almost to Pat's old rock house. That is why there were no good cooking smells in the house. Well, we can use that as an excuse.

The snake is not stinking yet....Maybe I did not hit it, but I'm pretty sure I did.

I am still in my PJ'S. I have not done anything yet this morning. Well I did make the bed.

Greg was cleaning up the riding lawn mower. He is getting it ready to put away for winter. I told him I was glad because his Dad paid a bundle for the mower and if it tore up his Mom will never OK the funds for a new one. We would all just be down there talking  JR into buying one.

Betty, it is so comfy here with your couch, Daddy's chair, and Debby's bed. I was just thinking that this morning as I was sitting here drinking coffee. JR always sits in Daddy's rocker when he comes up. I will have to get a picture next time he sits in it. Of course, he likes sitting on the porch better but sometimes it is right in the sun.

Clayton has 8 big ole plastic tubs sitting right by the road. He had his tomato plants in them. I am not sure why he put them there. I think I will try to drag  them to the garden fence, maybe. I am not sure. Patsy he had them filled with store bought potting soil. I would think I should keep that and just add to it next year, Right. Or do I have to use all new dirt...If I have to use new dirt I would just have to dig it from the ground. There is no way I could buy potting soil to fill all of those tubs. I am not even sure I can drag them but I think I can.

BTW Patsy, you need to post something new. I do not like seeing that old fat woman walking down the road.

Patsy, tell Kelly his horse is doing great! He is so pretty and fat. He is just the best horse. When I first get on him he forgets very time who is boss. It takes a bit of road under his feet before he decides he should just point those ears forward and travel on down the road. But once he does we can sure cover some ground.

I am going to move some tubs.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Salad sounds good on a hot thanksgiving