Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thursday...Rainy Day

I woke up early this morning and all of a sudden I heard rain drops on my tin roof...Then all of a sudden it was pouring....After about 15 minutes I heard loud thunder and all of the rain stopped. It started raining again...slowly...

With the rain and cooler weather the Humming Birds are really after some sugar water. I refilled it this morning. I have soooo many...

I was lying in the bed this morning and I remembered once years ago....It was one summer and Clayton was working on the farm for Eldridge.  I think it would have been about the time I was in 9th grade. I was riding around in Clayton's work truck and he had a tape recorder. I am not sure how or why. We parked in the shade and Clayton said he was going  to announce a basket ball game right then and there. He got a tablet and he drew a basketball court. On each side of the drawing he wrote the opposing team players, their positions, and jersey numbers. Then he started talking into the tape recorder. It was one of those little 8 track things...well, not little like hand held but little like the size of a radio. He started off announcing what teams were playing, their win losses and started with the line ups. It did sound just like I was listening to a real radio announcer. As the game began Clayton would move his pencil to different places on the court as the players dribbled, passed, and shot the ball....Sometimes it was nothing but net...Other times it was in-an-out.....I was not all that old, a young teenager, but I remember thinking he sounded so good. Just like listening to a real game. My, he loved basketball!

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I guess he missed his old way of life!
Thinking of it makes me really sad!

Like my day lilies he had a lot o
Forgotten dreams!!