Total Pageviews

Friday, August 1, 2014

Short Vacation..

Fleta's home they had a good time but the water was low... Jr went also and now he is home for a long weekend.  All is well here..

I went to a sale at the library today....I bought 8 plates like Mom and I used to have foe $3.00....25 cents for a herb planter...or could be hen and chickens...got 2 table clots because I am going to make some chair cushions for Fleta that will not get so wet...and the lady gave me an old electric clock that did not work but I fixed...I am so good anymore I even amaze myself...

I have been practicing with my gun...JR had a big ole deer rifle...I think I will start shooting it...

So I have been wanting a sweet potato plant to put in my swan...I can not find one...Today I noticed the plant hangers all over town were full of them...so I thought the Flower shops probably provided them...I decided to break down and just pay flower shop prices since I could not find any plant...Well BOTH flower shops were closed at 9:30...So I just walked up to one of those hanging planters and snapped me off about a foot of one ....Sashayed back to my car just like I was doing nothing wrong...No one said a word!
 the old clock the lady gave me...she used to teach PE in GF years ago...she knew all of us...This belonged to her father...a cleaning and WD40 and it works...
 Wasn't Mom's dishes just like these...I had some Bob's market sold them cheap if you bought so many $ worth of groceries...Do you Remember them pat and Betty???
A cute little pot...I think I will make a sling for it and hang it in my window over the table and put herbs in it.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Love the pot.
Clock is great.
Don't recall dishes.
if I were I could crochet
you a nice hanger out of heavy
twine, would not mind doing it

I told Fleta good thing Jr
was going because George could not
hoist the canoe over the dry
gravel in the creek bed.

They can celebrate like I do
doing nothing.

Looks like you took a good haul today.

I have been craving peach cobbler
and ice cream...went to town and
bought stuff to make the cobbler
and vanilla ice cream.

It is still cool here today but the summer heat will return.

Favorite Daughter said...

It was a beautiful cool day here today. High of 102. I'm so glad it's cooled off, even if it was just for a day.

Galla Creek said...

Jute like stuff?

Sister--Helen said...

anything you have