Total Pageviews

Friday, April 4, 2014

Mama's Quilt

Here is the quilt after I patched it. It would have looked a lot better if I could see better. I think mama was about my age when I asked her to piece me 2 quilts by hand. I remember she said she did not know if she could do it. She also did not see so well plus  she had arthritis. I remember thinking when she told me she was not sure if she could make it and I thought, how lame ....little did I know. My poor Mama.
Here it is before...
torn...
If my kids asked me today to make them a quilt pieced by hand I would say' Suck eggs, and die!'  I had no idea how much I was asking of her.

But  the quilts sure are pretty. Kris has the brown one and Missy has the blue one.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

You did a great job patching it! She did enjoy making it for you too.