Total Pageviews

Friday, April 4, 2014

Last Day of Spring Break...

The kids have been off school all week but the weekend is now here and they will go back to school next week.

Kris has left for work and the 2 little ones are the only ones up so far. Kris has left them school work to do this morning. It worked out well yesterday. We will see how they do today.

I have a cake baking. We are going to make some little bunny things for Easter.  Well they are Easter things but I am sure they will eat them now.

It looks like rain today but maybe it will just clear off. I hope so.

Kenzie was feeling much better yesterday. It has taken her quiet a while. She had been getting very tired ever evening.

I have got to get a package ready to mail home but I have not sorted everything out yet. I also want to put a piece of material over a bad spot on Mom's brown quilt. It had gotten ripped. This is a quilt Mom made for me years ago and she pieced it all by hand. well one of the center pieces is ripped. I looked in Kris's material stash and she has just the right shade of brown and I am fixing it before I leave or it will fall apart. As a matter of fact ....That is what I am going to do right now!

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I remember that quilt. Laura has the one she pieced for me...it was teal blue and light peach. so pretty.

Galla Creek said...

I also remember she wanted to make me a quilt. I was stupid and did not buy 100 percent cotton. It was so hard for her to piece...but she endured as she did raising all of us.

Galla Creek said...

She got Tony's wife's mother to quilt mine.

Sister--Helen said...

Tony's wife's mother quilted mine also. I think there were sisters that did the quilting...What a job...I can not remember what I paid to have it quilted. I do remember the material for the blue one was $200.00...They were well worth it what ever I paid...and Mama did an excellent job!

Galla Creek said...

The material did not cost me nearly that price I am sure or I would not have one.

Sister--Helen said...

I bought all of those VIP prints...and even the same print for the back...The blue is a king size one. I bought country blue pin dot for the back and accents on the front.... The brown one was not quiet that much but almost,It was also VIP prints.