Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Well Hello...

Two weeks ago I went to Macy's to have a free make over at Estele Lauder. Although after I brought the products it was not totally 'free.' I had not been there for a make over in about 10 years and I was still trying to use the same techniques as they showed me years ago...Well, no surprise things have really changed...Not only on my saggy, baggy face but also in the make up industry.

Since I am so old now I need a 'full coverage' base make up. The minerals do not seem to cover all of the spots anymore. Not only that but you now apply make up, liquid foundation, with a brush. I used my fingers for years...Then I progressed to a sponge....Now I need a paint brush...A roller will be next I guess..


So when the lady started putting on my base with a brush I questioned this...She told me a brush gives much better coverage. She said she would show me on a mirror....
So she pulled out a hand mirror. She put some base on her fingers and applied it to the mirror. It did not cover well at all. She then applied some base on the mirror with a sponge. That was better but it was still streaky. Then she used the brush and it laid smooth even coverage.

The brush was $45.00 and I did resist buying it. I still was putting on my base with a sponge...then yesterday I was at Target and I knew they would have a base application brush...Actually they had several and at several different prices. I chose the cheapest one. maybe I should not have.

Now that mirror thing looked really good but when I tried to apply the make up to my face this morning there was a little problem...

You see my face is not smooth like a mirror. It is more like a textured dry wall. You probably know to paint a textured wall you have to paint up, down, and sideways to get the paint in all of the crevices....Seems that is the same problem I have with my face. This seems like more trouble than I want to fool with...I say just get out the high nap roller now.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I bought a cheaper brush also and I will buy that 45 dollar one next time I can tell the difference in how it applies.

Adopted Sister said...

I figure the majority of the people I'm around can see no better than I can, so they aren't going to see how bad I look. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Galla Creek said...

I am positive that $45 brush will make you look better.