Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I could not make this stuff up...

Missy had to work late last night because we are going on vacation the last 2 days of her close...The busy time of her work..
That is why Kenzie and I picked Benjamin up at Pre school yesterday at noon..Benjamin spent the night. He is going to be spending a lot more time with me this summer..


Yesterday on the way home from the movies Benjamin blurted, out of the blue like he often does. "Granny, I am confused. Does the planets rotate around the sun or does the sun rotate around the planets?' Thank goodness Kenzie was in the truck and jumped right on that explaining it to him.

Then down the road a little farther he looked out my side window and said, "Is that corn?" I answered a quick yes. I wanted to be able to answer something. The corn was only about a foot tall and was feed corn but I certainly was not going to open up a discussion to get him thinking and ask some question I did not know the answer to. He the replied, "But that is short. It has to get really tall and that is when the corn comes out the top." I just said yes again Then he said shaking his head up and down like he was in great thought, "So that's where we get it from." Kenzie went on to explain that we might get it from California or Virginia because corn is grown in a lot of states....Too much info for me to pass on. Most of his outward spoken thoughts I like to answer with... 'Humm."

Like last night at 10 when I was getting him tucked into bed. Out of the blue he said."Granny, I always go to bed in the middle of the night. I never go to bed on the side of the night. It is always in the middle.",,,,,Humm...

I could never think of these things and make them up.

1 comment:

patsy said...

You need to speak with conviction even if you are in the dark.