Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 26, 2010

NEED

I found out last week my iron is low and that is why I have not had energy to move for the last 8 weeks or so. I am glad that is all it is. My regular MD is concerned because I am more anemic then I asked about my hemoglobin level and it is down to 9.1. I have been managing to keep it in the 10. range for quiet a while now. I am sure this is linked to the bleeding ulcer which is hurting a bit. Which is caused by the pain pills I am taking for my bad back….and around and around we go…

The doctor called me 3 times last week to check on me and try to get me into her office. I said I would get some iron pills and start eating spinach which usually helps a bit. I do not think she was very pleased. All she has to do is cut off my refills for my ulcer medicine and my fat butt will be in there within 2 weeks because that is when it will need to be filled again. I hope she does not think of that.

Anyhoo, I started iron pills and spinach yesterday. This morning there was a lot of black in the potty….Hope it is just the iron pills ect…If not I will be in the hospital before nightfall…No really, I am sure that is what it is…

My dear friend Rhea has been worried about all of this iron loss and she is the internet searcher just like Pat. Well, she called me this week and said she read in Prevention magazine that you need to cook your food in an iron skillet and that would help with getting iron. I explained that I do not have any iron skillets because I could not resist using brillo pads on them years ago and they all were rusted all of the time. Sometimes I would take them to Mom and she would get them fixed for me.

Now that I do not clean as much I think I could use one but I am poor and do not have one so I am asking my brother Clayton to send me one. Not just any one though. Mom had a really small one and that is the one I need. Plus she had a really big one and I need that one also. I will be expecting them next week, Clayton…BTW Grandma Powell had an old Corn cob shaped iron pan she made cornbread in and I need that too…Maybe cousin Winnie ended up with that one if so I really need that sent to me. And Fleta that rocker of Grandma’s would make me feel better to sit in so I need that too. Betty I am sure you have something I need if you took pictures of the inside of your house I would remember what it is I need from you. I’m holding my breath so send it all soon…

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

How about the quilt Grandma Powell made me for graduation? I can send it.

Unknown said...

I only have grandpa's old fork, Grandma's pink sugar bowl and a toothpick holder. Actually, I had all three things before Grandma moved to the city. Oh, I do have my graduation quilt....but, that is not up for grabs.

Sister--Helen said...

Well Winnie do you suppose one of my Sisters really has Grandma Powell's old corn bread pan and is just not fessing up....That would so surprise me!

Galla Creek said...

I remember staying with Grandma to go to a ball game. She cooked corn beard in that pan. she boiled potatoes and that is what we had. I loved it ..it was really good. I remember the pan and I have one..but not hers.