Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Almost Packed...

I have been dreading packing up the girl's stuff to send her home. About a week ago I got out these boxes. We can each take a suitcase and then take 4 boxes. I started packing the 4 boxes a week ago but they were not completely packed. So Mackenzie's room has been a mess for at least a week. I have not felt my best for the past week. I think I am a little under the weather and a little sad about her going home. I am not sure which was hindering me the most about getting her packed up. But it is time. She has been here a long time and all of her family miss her. Boy we have had a good run though!.

So last night we went in there and packed almost everything. She is taking all of her stuff home. Even her bath towells and the new bath trash can we bought for her bathroom. All of her soaps shampoos and cosmetics are now sealed and packed. The few little things we still have left will fit into our suitcases. She is going home with a lot of stuff!

Mike will load all of the stuff in the truck tonight. Missy will drive the truck tomorrow to work. We will need the car because Benjamin will stay with me tomorrow and 4 can not ride to the airport in the truck. We can put most of the suitcases in the car but it will not hold the suitcases and the boxes. Imagine that! So Missy will drive Mike's truck to the airport, after work. We will drive her car. When we get there and unload, curbside. Mike can take the truck home and Missy is parking her car at the airport for a week. We do have a plan.

Mackenzie and I am going to Lilly's today at noon to get our hair cut. Kenzie wants hers cut to her shoulders but I do not think I will be the one to let her do that. She needs to nag her Mom to get that done. At least she can go home with nice straight bangs though.

We all went to the beach Sunday. Bill had Austin and Kimmy was off work so all 5 of them met us there. All of the kids had a good time and even though it was over 100, no one got sunburned. That was good. We had pizza delivered there and then Missy bought steaks for Bill to grill at her house for supper.

Kenzie had 2 friends spend the night Sunday night. We went to the pool yesterday morning before I took them home at noon. Today should be much quieter.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

It is an Indian custom for the oldest grandchild to be given to the grandparents...maybe mike is Apache. Tell Kris about the custom...doubt she goes for it. Larry would take all the gkids for his own to keep forever. I enjoy them but like to send them home.

patsy said...

happy trails kensey.

Cheryl said...

I know you will miss her and I am so glad you both got to spend this time together. Have a safe trip.