No school today and I also have Benjamin here. I have had a busy morning and I have several more things to do today. I am going to the bug killing store and get some high power bug spray. I think it is 75 bucks for a 16 ounce bottle.
We have not sprayed in a long time.
Mike took over the job for the last 3 years. I think he has sprayed 2 or 3 times...Not every month like we need. We seem to have a lot of scorpions. The kids even found one in the Jacuzzi. So it will be a long time before Kenzie gets back in that thing...If ever! Kenzie got stung by a scorpion when she was less than 2 years old, but she still remembers it. If Mike got stung I guarantee it would be sprayed more often.
Scorpions are really hard to kill because in order to kill a bug they have to crawl through the poison and since a scorpion does not drag his body on the ground they miss a lot of spray. A guy that used to spray for us years ago, told me in order to kill scorpions you have to spray up the walls about 4 inches, as well as on the ground. As the scorpions climb up a wall they do have to drag their bodies on the ground and that way they will get in the spray.
I will mix it super strong and at least it will probably run them off to a neighbors house.
The Mimosa tree is leafing out..
The evergreen elm tree has a large umbrella of leaves...We have not sprayed in a long time.
Mike took over the job for the last 3 years. I think he has sprayed 2 or 3 times...Not every month like we need. We seem to have a lot of scorpions. The kids even found one in the Jacuzzi. So it will be a long time before Kenzie gets back in that thing...If ever! Kenzie got stung by a scorpion when she was less than 2 years old, but she still remembers it. If Mike got stung I guarantee it would be sprayed more often.
Scorpions are really hard to kill because in order to kill a bug they have to crawl through the poison and since a scorpion does not drag his body on the ground they miss a lot of spray. A guy that used to spray for us years ago, told me in order to kill scorpions you have to spray up the walls about 4 inches, as well as on the ground. As the scorpions climb up a wall they do have to drag their bodies on the ground and that way they will get in the spray.
I will mix it super strong and at least it will probably run them off to a neighbors house.
The Mimosa tree is leafing out..
This Evergreen Elm is so big it hangs over the Jacuzzi. I imagine that is how a scorpion got in the tub. I am going to try to put a tarp over the top of the metal thing. I am not sure I can do it without climbing. That might mean falling also. I'll bet Benjamin, Mackenzie, and I can work together and get it covered...
My grasses out front have sprouted out. My onions are getting brown tips. I guess I will let Benjamin pull all of them today. He will love that.

1 comment:
Looks like summer there.
Post a Comment