Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

It's Hump Day...

for Fleta...

I'll be taking Emmie to school about 7:30 and then I am driving on over to Berryville and pick up some small trees at Meeks. I have been wanting a Dogwood tree but I have not found one small enough that I could dig up. The ones they are giving away are small but to me that means it will be easy to plant...

We got a nice slow rain for several hours. I am not sure how long it has been raining but since midnight I am sure. It has just been a slow rain which is what we need., There was a lot of lightning and Thunder but none of Daddy's kids were ever afraid of that. So it did not bother me a bit. I still remember when lightening hit the cook stove right here in this house. it started a small fire. Lord I hope that does not happen while I am here. I'm afraid ole Fleets house would just burn down. Maybe I should own a fire extinguisher...

I had to close one of the windows last night because rain was coming in. Mamma's bedroom window that faces west.....As Clayton told me "all of our weather comes from Tulsa." I will never forget it cause when he told me he acted like even a fool should know that.

Fleta's old goat, Bertha had a tough time giving birth Sunday. She ended up taking her to the vet and he pulled the dead kid out. It was really big. I was not sure Bertha would make it but it looks like she may.  I hope so. She is my favorite goat. I am sure she was the main one that came into the yard which I did not like at all.

Speaking of that. Mom's lilac bush is looking good since the goats have hardly touched it this year. One day about 2 weeks ago they ate a little of it before I ran them off. That is the only time they have gotten to it this year.

Tonight is Church night. Fleta got Tyson's to donate chicken every other Wednesday evening to the church. We always have food on Wednesday. I need to make a desert. Since I am going to Berryville I will get something. I think cupcakes since they are easy. Cookies just take to long for me to bake. They are more trouble because you have to almost stand over the stove the entire time.

The rain has almost stopped. Hopefully we will get more this week. The pond sure needs it.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I only got a little sprinkle!

Winnie said...

I miss you...hope things are ok with you 😘