Total Pageviews

Monday, May 16, 2016

Just another day in paradise

I have been waiting for the rain for 3 days...this morning I broke down and watered everything. I have tomato and pepper plants in pots plus some flowers so I needed to water...I am sure it is going to rain today BUT I have been sure for the past 3
Here is 2 of daddys grape vines I think there are 5 that are alive. Fleta helped me with wire and we got them protected from the goats, They are looking pretty good. Maybe in a few years there might be grapes growing again there.


Here is my good dog Tony gave me. I call her Girl...Tony called her Scout. I think my name is better. Yesterday on the way home from Coin Church I asked Fleta about some blooming bushes I had seen On JR's place. I thought they were black berry bushes but then also thought they might be some sort of wild rose. Fleta said they were probably blackberries blooming because roses were almost always pink...Then when we pulled into the yard she pointed to the clover and said, 'Helen those white blooms are not black berries."

Here is Clayton's peonie. It was eaten by the goats and mowed over many times. no telling the last time it bloomed but i have it protected now from the mower at least...Hopefully the dog will protect it from the goats.
 Here is a squirrel feeder from Larry and Betty. george cut this ceder tree down. Now I can see down the road if I can get the fence line cleaned.
 another one of Claytons flowers..I thi k a rose of sharon.
 Then Mama's lilac bush. Fleta might know the last time it bloomed. It was in really bad shape when I came up  here. There were dead limbs in the middle of it the size of my arm. I am sure it was the original main stalks. I cleaned all of that out. Then the goats got to it last year. So far this year it has been safe, Fleta said it could bloom next year. I would love to live long enough to smell it one more time.
So all is watered...Come on rain!

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Clayton's bush is either a Crepe Myrtle of red tipped Photinia.

Winnie said...

I sure wish I could give you some of our rain and oh so chilly weather...it makes me so happy that you posted.....yippee skippee!