Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 31, 2015

One thing about me...

nobody knows...

The summer of 1969 People were heading to Woodstock. I wanted to go so bad. I did not know anyone else that wanted to go but I sure did. I looked it up on the map to see where it was. I thought I could hitch hike there. Everyone hitch hiked back then. It would have been possible. The problem was what happens after I get home. Dad would not have understood this at all. ...IMAGINE THAT! Nor would any of my family. I was only 15 that summer. Oh the same age an Emily! right now... LOL But I really considered going.  All the rock stars were going to be there and as it ended up a half million people went.  Can you imagine a small Arkansas girl showing up there. Alone...I was not scared about that at all...Only about Daddy..I look now and realize what all could have happened to me there. I've never done drugs or been much of a Hippie.....But I sure would have loved to see Woodstock. Maybe  if I had been 30 I would have seen it....

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I never even wanted to go...and still don't wish I had went.

Linda@VS said...

Helen, this post inspired me to share a similar secret. Great minds think alike, huh? First we get really dumb ideas, then we have the good sense not to follow through on them. (That is, if you don't count certain marriages, lol.)