Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Tony Poor... Pig Whisperer

I had to call Tony tonight about the pigs. I told him in case he's not figured it out he is my go-to pig guy..... I'm sure he was so pleased. The problem is we're having a lot of rain and my pig tank the feed one is filling up with water so if the pigs wanted to eat what was in the bottom of the feeder they'd have to be clear up to their eyes in the water to get to the food. I thought about trying to put a piece of tin over it but that would be kind of hard. So I got the idea ...after I dumped a lot of the water out tonight and probably some of the really high protein food that was in there cause that's what floats to the top. So I talk to Tony and I carried on a 5 gallon bucket of whole corn and threw in there. Tomorrow I'm going to go check on and if there's a lot of water in there still I'm going to throw another 5 gallon bucket of whole corn this takes up a lot of room and will help soak up the water. That way they can get to the food without drowning their eyes.

I am still pretty sick but I'm able to get around and do a few things. Tomorrow I'm going to call my doctor and ask for a new antibiotic one I've used before it's a little stronger maybe it'll get me on the mend.

Yesterday fleta showed up at my house with these piping tips that I've been wanting to decorate cupcakes with. They're Russian piping cakes or tubes rather. So I figure we are helping Donald Trump by ordering them. So today since I was supposed to bring desert to church I played around the them all afternoon. It was pretty neat some of them look better than others. It is something I will really need to practice on but I think I could get pretty good at it.

I am still too sick to go to church because I'm coughing my head off and when I do that you just want to clear the building if you're anywhere around. And The Creeks are up so it's like a 15-mile jaunt to get to church instead of 3 miles I knew fleta was not going to want to go and I knew I was not able. So I call brother Jerry and ask if I could drop the food off at his house going in the back way which is a lot closer than have to go all the way around Denver Road and around by Grandpa's Powells house and then back. What's really sad is preacher Jerry could almost throw a rock to the church from his house and he also is going to have to drive all the way around the Denver Road. But he is way more dedicated than me. So I set up to take the food to his house at 4 o'clock I made this Arrangement about noon with him. As soon as I know the Creeks were up I knew fleta was not going to go the long way round. Well she was a little late getting home got here about 3 found me in the kitchen knee deep in frosting cupcakes. She said you are wasting your time because I am not taking all of those to church...we will have to go the long way around I already looked at the creek.   Now  I had not looked at the creek but I knew it would be way high. . Well after giving her a lot of what for because she was not taking my food . I told her it was a good thing I had already set it up to haul it to brother Jerry's house. You know what her response was. Well do you want to take my chicken to ...she had chicken from the plant to take but she wasn't going to go do it. So I put it in the Crock-Pot and added barbecue sauce and the way I went with my highly decorated chocolate cupcakes a spice cake for a happy birthday boy and a Dozen angel food cupcakes that we're pretty decorated and then a small angel food cake that I just dusted with powdered sugar because I was pretty tired by then. They probably won't have a lot of people show up tonight and so I asked brother Jerry if they would just keep the desserts till Sunday that were left over and maybe we could feed them to the Sunday School classes... they usually give them some type of snack like crackers..the kids will be pleased. I have to say even though it was my first try they were pretty fancy and looked great and was really not much trouble I'm sure I will get much better at it and I'm kicking myself that I didn't take a picture but I was in a hurry to get over there by 4. It must be Fleta's fault....oh siggy would love these piping tips..

I've got two windows open in my house for cross ventilation and I'm laying here in bed under my electric throw...it just feels so good I hope it doesn't make me more sick..

I have been checking out places to buy inexpensive fake flowers for the graves this year I think maybe I found a place that would be pretty good and not very expensive. It is fletas turn to buy but I was thinking maybe it's time Jr's  old enough  to join in the celebrations...

I will be gone about 7 to 10 days in the middle of june....Jr's girlfriend offered to feed my pigs....by then they can be on whole corn I think so that would be easy....especially since I can move a corn barrel down to the barn for her... I love those pigs and they are growing....

Tomorrow I am going to try to finish bills quilt top...it is a little  hard to sew because I am taking several breathing treatments and they make me shaky...
Thought of what to do for kenzie for graduation. ..I am pleased with myself...

No comments: