Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

A few irons in the fire....

I have been busy and I have several projects going at once ...That is not my usual way but it seems like this is how it is now. 
Betty makes the best throw rugs out of material. First it has to be striped and rolled into balls. I need them bigger than a basketball. Well I started on a blue one and then I got tired of that so I started on a green one. Now I have gathered enough sheets and material to finish them both but I have not finished either. I must have them done by Thursday night because Friday morning I am going to Harrison to the doctor and I am dropping them off at Erin's so she can get them to Betty at Thanksgiving...No use cleaning up the mess till it Is done...




 Also this morning I decided I wanted to post pictures on the blog. My camera battery was dead so I have been charging it. Then there was not a disk in it...card... so I hunted round and found one and I had to download the music it hd on it and the reformat it Then I was able to take pictures. Another hour project from finding the charge to taking the pictures...

Then I decided I wanted to paint the kitchen. About 2 weeks ago I bought the paint. Then I decided maybe it was "TOO MUCH" the color is rather shocking. After pondering on it a week or so one evening I thought I would just see what it looks like...Si I started painting. Just using a brush. I have rollers but did not want to get them dirty till I was sure. Now I am sure. This weekend I will finish it off. The kitchen is not very large. It will not take long.

Also Betty gave me a bunch of coffee cans that I have painted and the quilt rack I adjusted for a shelf to put my plants on...Cheryl is making me names for the coffee cans so I will know what I have in them.
 Winnie Jo. a few weeks ago I put your TV up in the wall on this old chair. I love it and use it at night. Do not worry about the chair falling. When Daddy built this house the used inch boards on all the walls over the studs. When you drive a nail you do not have to worry about hitting a stud. I drilled a hole in the chair and drove a 20 penny nail into the wall...It is there for good.
 OOPS sideways...This needs to be straightened...But I just downloaded a new picture program this AM...cause as you see I need another project....And I have not learned to use it yet...
 I love, love, love my swing Betty gave me and Gilbert hung....When I sit sideways with my feet at one end I can see in the pasture and down the road. The blue building is not so bad now. It really is not. I can see deer go across the pasture and the cross onto Dan's and cross the road to go onto the hill...Sheer bliss..

I just had to stop and pull a double batch of brownies out of the oven. I made some chocolate frosting for them and sprinkled pecans on them...Beautiful...They are done just perfectly....Not to done... They are for church tonight...just another iron in the fire...LOL
 My dog is doing better. I have left her untied 3 nights last week and she stayed home. Tony just came over and she was happy to see him. Then George's dog came up cause George is not home this morning so Tuffy came to visit. I tied Scout  back up. Do not want to take a chance her wondering down to the neighbors...BTW the armadillos are out of the yard and the moles are getting dug up and killed thanks to this fine dog...
 For some reason these merigolds are going to town. They have had very little attention since I was gone from home 2 months this summer. They must like this spot. Next year I hope to do better with the flowers...I will reap all the seeds from these plants in a few weeks.
 Fleta teaches the little kids in Sunday school and they like doing mazes and word searches. I have been telling her to get on the net and print off some things. She can make copies CHEAP...She had not done it and I wanted the kids to have some for church tonight . My printer has not been printing correctly. It is old but is a good one ...So I decided last night I would bring it in the living room  and clean it and work on it...Well I did get it fixed. So I thought why not print off personalized Christmas card foe people at the church...You know just another little project. I did a few and printed several things for the Church kids to work on. Then I wanted Fleta to have them to make copied today so last night about 8 I walked to Fleta's in the dark...I did not grab a flash light. It was hard to even stay in the middle of the road it was so dark...There was no moon at all. I think the Republicans stole it....But I made it there and back. I just left the pages in Fleta's truck seat. I's sure she saw them at 5 this morning.

Another picture of the new paint job in Clayton's Kitchen
 Here is my Kenzie girl in some of her Sr pictures. She sent me 43 poses. I wanted to do something great with them and that is why I downloaded that picture app. This one I sat on a wood background. I hope I can do some neat things with them soon...As soon as I finish the rags...and the kitchen paint...and make Fleta and myself an old time dress garb for the Church Christmas play...Fleta is a teacher and I am a store busy body ...set in 1890...and then have hours to mess with the program...Love to all.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

What a wonderful post. The color is great. Everything is beautiful.


Love and cherish my two sisters. Fleta says when I get down think
Of all Patsy endured and you will pep right up. So true!!

Galla Creek said...

Kenzie looks like kris..

Winnie said...

Thank you so much for your wonderful post....it really lifted my spirits....love you❤️