Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Beautiful Day...

supposed to hit mid 50's. I have not had my heat on in 2 days now. This weather is not warm but could be so much worse...I am thankful. god is good today!


I woke up at 4:30 and my back was hurting...Bad... I limped around till 8;30 and ran a hot bath. I have been plagued with back problems for years but it had not really hurt in months. It took awhile for me to think of taking a hot bath. Some times I am   s l o w   To think of things. Anyhoo I feel so much better.


I am leaving on Sunday and I have not done a thing to get ready for it.  I need to go to Walmart and pick up a back pack for my trip. I am traveling with no luggage but a Carry on back pack will hold a lot. I have clothes at both of the girls. So I should be pretty good on that.  I have to get the car ready. I need to pull the battery out and put it on the back porch since I will be gone 2 months. I also need to hang some plastic and quilts over the kitchen doors so Fleta will be able to keep the pipes from freezing. I also need to turn down the water heater. Plus I will have a load of dirty clothes that I do not want to let sit here 2 months. Wednesday night I take the kids to church so I do not want to take the car apart before then. But then I could drive Fleta's red rig I guess. I know she would not mind.


 I really need to clean the back porch. I have stuff just thrown back there. I think that would be a good project for today. It should be plenty warm back there.  I would hate for some of Fleta's bunch to need something back there and not be able to find it.


Betty it was 39 this morning outside and 59 in my house. As I said I have not had heat on in 2 days but I did use the oven last night.


I have been seeing deer all over the place. They are so pretty. When I drive to Coin Church in the evenings I always see some deer.


Yesterday Greg and George hooked up the trailer to the truck and drove around and picked up piles of wire and metal to haul off for scrap.  They probably did not get  much  for it even tho the trailer was 2/3 full. Wire does not weigh very much. JR always has some heavy scrap down at his house, old drill bits etc. I imagine they grabbed it also. Regardless. It is gone and not just laying in piles all over the place. They took about half of my scrap pile in the pasture below the house. It was a lot of wire Clayton had used for pens. The rest needs to be burned again.


Winnie Jo is heading to Florida for a few weeks. AHHH I'll bet it is nice there.


I leave Springfield at 11:30 the 1st. going to AZ. Then I leave AZ for WA on the 7th. I come back to AZ from WA on March 25th... I have not bought the ticket back to Springfield yet. I think I will stay in AZ 2 weeks.... Or there about...


Have a great day....


Update...Got the back porch all cleaned. Things are organized now. I also went outside and cleaned up the yard. I picked through the burn trash can and dug out  2 sacks of burned tin cans. I hauled that plus other junt down to Fleta's in her kids red wagon. I returned the red wagon , tipping it so it will not fill up with water. I dumped the cans and junk in her dug hole. By taking cans down there George does not have to empty my burn barrel as often.
George got $80. for his load of burned wire. He did not take Jr's junk. So that was pretty good I thought.
There is a lady Frank Marr has had cleaning his house once a week for a few years. Darren let her move into Franks house last week.  The Lady needed a place to live. Sounded like a good deal to me. Sure beats leaving it empty and getting burned down.


I still have my borrowed dog. He needs to go home for the next 2 months and then come back for good. He is so pretty and very smart. He belongs to the family on the Stone place. They have 3 other dogs and no little kids. I don't guess anyone is missing him.


Fleta is making roast for supper. I went down there and added onions for her. I wonder if it will be good.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

We worked getting the garden ready to disk. You were busy too.

I am enjoying my room.

It was a pretty day. I was hot out there working. Sure loved the warmth.