Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tuesday...

I doubt if I do much today unless I get a burst of energy that has not hit me yet.  I have been up since 4:30 but should have been because I slept most of yesterday afternoon.

I made coffee and I have eaten a handful of grapes. The grapes are very good. They were on sale yesterday.

I guess I could put on an old movie to listen to and put away this last tote of odds and ends I moved from the trailer....It is a mix of mess...clothes, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, just odds and ends that I have had a little left over from unpacked totes...Fleta would just burn it...LOL I probably should too but I imagine I will sort through it all and put it up...

I am going to cook some beans today. That sounds good. Gilbert gave me some Hog Jowl. I think I will put a slice of that in them.

It is nice and cool here in the mornings and at night. I love this weather.

Fleta made some whole wheat buns on Sunday. They were so good...

Oh I have to tell you about my apple cinnamon jelly... I used the apple peelings from my canned apples and made juice and then jelly. I made jelly without using pectin. I wanted to make sure it set up so I cooked it to death! I used 8 cups of apple juice and 4 cups of sugar...I ended up with 3 pints of jelly...that is 6 cups for anyone that has not figured it out yet....4 cups of which was sugar! well I opened a jar of it a day or so ago...Sure enough it set up...It can stand up on it's own... you can get it out of the jar...BUT you can NOT spread it! Oh I had to laugh...I think I could reheat it and make cinnamon coated apples...it's a mess. I will have to offer some to Fleta...LOL I have a gallon and a half more of juice that I froze. I am going to get pectin to make jelly out of the rest of the juice.
I wish I had made the jelly made when Erin came to see me...I could have sent a jar home with her.

I have got to start my day. I have been up for hours and all I have done is read on the net... It's almost 8....What a waisted morning I have spent!

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Used to if u saved stuff u were smart and conservative
Tv has ruined everything now u r a crazy hoarder!!!
The minute I discard something I wish I had it back and I need it

Just think u have that entire back room to store all those tubs in!!