Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thursday...

I am feeling a little better. I stayed at Benjamin's last night. We had a sleep over....I slept great it is very cool in Missy's house. I think I am feeling a little better.

My car is in the shop getting the front end fixed where Mike ran over something in the road. I have an Impala to drive while it is being fixed. Impala makes a nice car. I have always liked them but mostly the '64 year. The new ones are just a nice family car.

Austin starts school next week. He goes to a year round school. Benjamin will start in 2 more weeks...Well on the 11th so maybe that is 3 weeks....He is ready... He tells me he loves to read. He can read books like 'Fat Cat'....each page will say something like...Fat cat.....Cat is fat...Fat, fat cat...He is so cute when he reads it....then he always wants to read it again....

I am going to try to take Benjamin to the pool today....I have been feeling so bad. All we have done all week is lay in my bed and watch cartoons...So today we are over at his house. I thought it might do him good to lay around in another place for a day or two....

Missy's yard guy is over today. She has him come every week. her lawn looks great. She has automatic sprinklers and she is watering it twice a day. I think she needs to cut that back... Her lawn was dry and I think at that time it was watering every day but I do not think it was set right. They say you should be able to water once ever 3 days and water for a longer time. The problem with her yard is the back part is on a pretty good slope and you have a lot of run off...

Speaking of run off. Last year in the high country they had a lot of forest fires. That burned off all of the under brush and the pine needles. Now it has been raining and the MUD from the hills is washing down on houses. Some houses have 3 feet washed all around their houses. The only good news I see to that is if your roof is leaking from all of the rain. You could climb on the roof without a ladder to fix it.

They have been running commercials on TV that are something else. Since I have not been feeling good I have been watching TV a lot. Besides the funny Wal Mart ads with a black guy named 'Darnell" that are so amusing. BTW Fleta said Wal Mart will not be running a commercial in Arkansas staring a black man trying to get you to buy something. She said that would not work there.

Then I saw something I never thought I would see in my lifetime...Now if you have an IPhone and a Chase bank account you can take a picture of any check you are wanting to deposit and make a deposit from your IPhone. Just take a picture of the check front and back and send it from your IPhone and it will be deposited straight into your bank account. Sisters I do not have an IPhone but I do have a Chase account and a phone that takes pictures and has text messing. So I think everyone needs to send me a little check, say 50 bucks or so, and I will see if I can figure out a way to deposit them. sounds like a good idea to me....Fleta get right on that....

1 comment:

Arkansas Patti said...

Cute post and shows you are feeling better.
It is great that Benjamin is excited about school starting and loves to read. Smart boy there.
That IPhone is scary to an old banker. I see jobs being eliminated. And we wonder why we are an obese nation. At least we will have well muscled thumbs.
Keep feeling better.