Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 3, 2010

House Beautiful...part 3

The kids will be here tomorrow. Well, not Kris's bunch. Bill and Missy will be here with the kids except Austin. Austin's Mama brought him over today so he could get his Easter Basket. It saved me a trip out to his house. That was nice of Bettina.

Missy has a friend at work that has 2 kids about Kenzie's age. Her husband is out of town so we invited her and the kids over tomorrow. I have met her and the kids a few times. I told her if she wanted to spend Easter with a dysfunctional family she was welcome to come over...I advised her to bring a flask.

It will be nice to have more kids to hunt eggs.

I got to thinking today about the times Richard would hide eggs for us grown kids to hunt. Do you remember Sisters, he would take his pocket knife and cut a circle out of the grass. Get rid of some of the bottom dirt, replace it with an egg, put the grass back and give it a stomp...I remember one year we found eggs he had buried the year before...Remember how he would put them in the ashes pile... He would climb the trees and put them up in the limbs, where I could have never climbed....If the out house would have been in the yard he would have put them in the hole.

I have done this for my kids once or twice and since I am feeling so good I am doing that tomorrow. I give then 20 bucks for the big egg, little egg, and most eggs. With Missy's friend here it will be quiet a competition.
Billy and Missy almost knock each other down finding the eggs.

So Mackenzie and I pitched in and did 'House Beautiful' That is what I call it when we make things look staged. That does not happen very often at my house anymore. It only took us about 2 hours and it looks great. I vacuumed Kenzie mopped the floors.
We have a few eggs..The small bowl are real eggs the kids colored yesterday...The quilt on the table is the one Kenzie made for me, all by herself! I love it and it has bunnies on it..

Everything is dusted and all of the plants have been hosed down..
I even cleaned and straightened the book case, it is an occasion...
Yes, 'House beautiful!'
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

It is beautiful. I remember with my kids we would hide the eggs and dad would walk around with them and help them find them. Almost 2 years.

Galla Creek said...

House looks good... I am cooking, making Brenda's school house rolls. Hope they don't flop.