Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sunday...

Rolled around again...

Fleta is going to haul me to church this morning. George will drive his own rig. I did not think to ask about Hannah. I only talked to George this morning.

Lane lands in Tulsa tonight at 11. JR said after that HIS Christmas is over. Emmie is so excited her brother is on his way!

BTW Winnie Jo....Yes we did get a rabbit. All the way to Harrison Emmie was looking at it's picture on her phone...."Oh, he's so cute. Oh I just love him." and on and on....Then when we got him, the same thing all the way home from Harrison...Plus she added, "He is so soft." And on and on.... That was Wednesday evening. I went to her house and helped her fix his cage. It is kept in her room in a wire cage. I took heavy duty plastic and ran it over the bottom and up the sides a way and duct taped it all around. Then I added hay so it would stay a little cleaner... Friday morning I hauled Emie to school. I asked about the rabbit..."HE'S SO EVVVVIIIILLLL!" He has bit her. He has scratched her. She puts him down on the floor and he runs at her. Then I heard..."AND DAD WON'T HELP ME WITH HIM AT ALL!

I love the coffee table Gilbert made for me. It is out of old barn wood. He brought it to me yesterday. His wife came along. He took  her all through the house and was showing her where the old bathroom used to be. Where the washer and dryer used to be years ago. I corrected him and explained the 'old' house had 3 bedrooms, here, here, and here.  Then Gilbert said, "Well, I don't even remember that. I was explaining to her how it was when I was little."  I almost laughed. This again enforced in my mind, "Dad had 3 sets of children." Then I showed the picture I had out of Grandma Gaddy and the Grand kids...The kids were small. It was Pats kids....and Gilbert in the picture. He truly thought of himself as a Grand-kid.

Then just one more thing ...because I have  to get ready  for Church...It is almost 9....This is also for Winnie Jo....and to make Betty drool....Winnie Jo sent a CD down here to Fleta. It is old motion pictures taken from her Daddy's reel to reel movies. Fleta brought it up here for me to watch. Well you know my TV's are small. I first put it in the one in the living room....It started and the picture bounced around all over the place....I took it to my little bedroom room TV...same thing. I was disgusted and It had only been on a minute...AND NO SOUND!  I thought what a rip off! Then I saw a picture of Grandpa Powell.  Then I thought....Goodness, to be able to see MY Grandpa Powell walk and move what a marvelous thing. He died the month before I was born. Maybe, just maybe I was being a LITTLE critical!  YA THINK?????  Well I don't know if the picture settled down a little or I just became more appreciative. But I watched it 3 times. What a joy....I saw Grandma and Grandpa, a lot of Aunt Fleta and Winnie Jo. Some of Uncle George and Aunt Winnie...She was beautiful! Not that  Aunt Fleta was not! There was one picture of Aunt Betty, for just a second. I loved it I just loved it! Oh , and they took a trip to the White House.... When I was little I remember dreaming of seeing the White House...It was way out of my wildest dreams of ever getting to go, and there was my Cousin, visiting the White House probably about the time I was born. What a blessing. Actually Betty, Fleta said she is going to make you a copy if you want one after you see this one.  What a Blessing.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

I told Fleta we just made about 5 copies and I wanted you all to have one....we did not know at the time that Dad's camera had gone bad, but after Grandma and Grandpa's picture...he didn't use it any more....did you see Grandpa...even though Dad cut out his head...showing me how to ride 'ole Skip....Did you see Richard and Donnie running in Grandpa's yard...about a second of Jerry and Shortie...Mike said, we should have put music on the DVD....Sam just laughed at no sound!
Down at Lake Taneycomo...that is also Jim with Aunt Winnie and Uncle George.

Galla Creek said...

Wow, seeing Grandma and Grandpa Powell walking around was awesome!

Glad you were able to post finally. Always great to hear what you are up to.

We met Jonell and Kenny at Clarksville and I gave her the throw. We had breakfast with them....Larry's treat. She said it was Frances Sue's idea to do the 7 arrangements. Frances Sue used to work at Lena Frances (I think that is what it is called) at Harrison.

After Ann died, Patsy gave Barbara a package of letters that Ann had written to Patsy over the years. Patsy had saved them. Jonell said that someone told them when they told down at the Plant that Ann Rudd had died...Patsy broke down and cried and cried.

It is dreary here again today. I am ready for some sunshine, but I guess it is not up to me. We must be happy with what the Lord gives us each day and give thanks for that day!