Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 24, 2010

For Today....

My family all know I have very odd sleeping habits and I have for years. Often I sleep very little, especially after I stopped taking my Ambian CR. Sometimes I am not able to fall asleep and then other times I wake up after a few hours and can not get back to sleep. The other morning I woke up at 2 AM. Oddly enough it was the same night my Sister Patsy Blogged she woke up at 2 AM.

Anyhoo… usually when I wake up early I get on the computer but the other morning I was still tired and did not want to get out of bed so I turned on the TV. It has been a long time since I have watched TV in the early morning hours. Honestly it has been at least 10 years. A few things have changed. Used to all you saw that time of night on the commercials were diet aids. They would advertise anything and everything for fat people. The ads always posed some miracle cure of how to get thin while you sleep and various other wonder products.

Well things have changed. I always thought it was very sexist of commercials to advertise things like feminine napkins and various other embarrassing things for women and there were never any embarrassing ads for men. Well as I said things have changed! Now it seems the late night mega commercial addresses erectile dysfunctional issues for men. I mean if I saw one add for these types of items or pills I saw 50! They were all very dumb. Most of them showed some old grinning fool man talking about how much ‘FUN’ he was having since using the little pills or the newest vacuum gadget. To make things worse often there was a pretty younger woman sitting by them telling how wonderful her husband was now. I guess women were not embarrassed enough about those feminine adds that have been produced for the last 20 years. We also have the need to sit by the side of some grinning stupid fool talking about their problems. You just can’t fix stupid!

And what is all of this fuss about sueing McDonald's over the toys in the Happy Meals...Now I could sort of understand if the people were complaining that the toys are unsafe. Which over the years several of them have been proven unsafe and have been recalled. But no the people behind this ploy are saying that the McDonald's are committing a crime by putting the toys in the Happy Meals because it is enticing the kids to eat unhealthy....Well get a grip. You have just taken the kids to a fast food place. Do you really expect a healthy meal? I mean get real. If you do not want your kid to eat an unhealthy meal do not take their Happy Little Butts into McDonald's or any other fast food joint! You probably would want to keep them away from the TV ads at 2AM also..... Just a thought...

1 comment:

Sister--Fleta said...

Do you think the walmart checker was too tired to do her job because her husband had saw those ads and bought some of those pills?