Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Another 4th come and gone...

We had a get-together here at Dad's house for 4th of July. We had it on Saturday the 30th. Not too many showed up. Melissa was here with Benjamin and Mackenzie that was a nice surprise. Jr brought tons of fireworks. You know it is his favorite holiday.

It is been really hot it hasn't bothered me a lot which is good. We sure could use some rain I pray for it every day. The farmers are really hurting. We have had little drizzles of it but just not enough.

I broke my foot about 3 weeks ago. I was tending to the animals and stepped in a hole. It is much better now. I'm going to buy myself a pair of lace-up work boots and wear them  all the time. Even if I wear a dress to church. I've always been afraid of breaking my ankle. And although my break was nothing like mamas it was just one bone in my foot it sure is not fun living on a farm and not been able to get around. I just do not know how she lived all those years mainly just staying in this house. She sure was a good Mama.

Hard to believe Clayton has been gone 4 years. And then to think Richard has been gone  10. It was soon be 4 years Patsy's been gone. My goodness just does not seem possible.

Tony found me a big old corn-fed Pig. I bought it and had it butchered. Melissa was able to take on a hundred and eighty pounds of meat home  for her and Bill to eat I was so glad to be able to give it to them.

Fleta doing just fine. Gilbert really has her bathrooms looking good. It's great to have a brother who can do almost anything. Greg's going to go work sometime next week he'll be out of state for a while. We will get by here just fine though. While fleta is at home she'll get to be boss. After she goes to work I'll get to be boss. It's all good

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I love you and am glad you are doing so well.
Oink, Oink!

Winnie said...

Oh how I wanted to come on the 3oth...it ended up being a real construction time here...this weekend should finish it up....whew!, sure thought about you all having fun without me