Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Wormed the for pigs today

I have had a horrible time trying to worm my four pics. When I bought them they had worms really bad. I use the same wormer that I did on my other ones and it worked great last time. But this time my pigs simply would not drink the water. I think they would have died before they drink it. I tried it three different times over the two months I've had them. And they would drink out of mud holes to avoid drinking the medicated water in the trough. I have tried putting it in their food which was just pulverized corn soaked in water they wouldn't eat it. I left it for several days they were very hungry and still would not eat it. I finally rinsed the containers out and just gave them unmedicated food and unmedicated water. They ate and drank very well then but they were so wormy they were7 getting fat. I could tell this by the long hair on top of their head and just the way they were acting.  Let alone they w here not putting on any weight.

This week I set up with Harps grocery and I go up there every day at 4 and they give me a box of their old produce yes. The bakery also gives me a cart of old pastry and bread items. So I brought this home the other night and talked to the only farmer we had left in our family... Tony poor. Tony said take a couple of coffee cans of your pig starter pellets put them in a 5 gallon bucket chop up the vegetables and all the melons you were given. Add a bunch of the cakes and bread items. Add some milk and water then dissolve the pig wormer in like a cup of water and pour it in the five gallon pail on top of all the feed.

Now take your hands and mix it up really really good let it sit overnight so the medicine will absorb through all the food do not feed them for a day and then go dump this in their slop trough.

I did it today the Hogs ate like they were starving so they have been wormed as of today. Tony said do the same thing in 2 weeks. Then you should have them doing pretty good. So July 4th I will worm the pigs again and hopefully have them on the mend and getting fat.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

What a process!

Winnie said...

Better you than me😘