Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Thawing....

Today should get above freezing. I hope it does  but considering I have not been in cold weather like this for almost 35 years it really has not been so bad on me.

Daddy's house seems to be pretty well insulated except for the windows. They need a little work. I know I could cover them, or at least let the blinds down but I have found out I really like seeing outside. It is one of the great things in my life. i love looking at all the birds, and I do have a bunch. Not many days ago I counted 22 red birds in my yard. There is always a Blue Jay around somewhere, bunches of finches. I have a squirrel or two. I know at least 2 because I shot one. I know that sounds bad but he gets on my feeder and then the birds can not eat. I have tried to lure them off to other spots to feed but I have not been very successful.

I have a really smart Blue Healer male pup. He has survived the outside cold. Now don't think I just threw him outside. I penned him in the blue shed and did my best to provide warmth for him. I have lots of hat in his dog house and I try to keep pillows and quilts around it for warmth but he is not getting much attention. I water him twice a day and make sure he always has feed out. On the other hand I gave given him very little attention in the last week. I think it was a week ago today I let him out and played fetch with him. The sun is shining here and I think I will go out and let him out of his pen today. At least for a little while.Betty said I would just ruin a pup. She may be right.

Gilbert's hog has not even received as much care as the dog. He can get in the barn out of the weather. I go down once a day and feed him 5 gallons of whole corn. He is never out of feed but I just water him once a day. Today Gilbert and I are going to Eureka Springs, I found him a freezer over there and he needs to go pick it up. His hog is being butchered on the 7th. Gilbert really does a lot for me.

Today is Grandma Powell's Birthday and our Emily's is tomorrow. Mama will have a birthday on the 24th. She was born in 21 so she would have been 97 this year. Daddy would be well over 100. That must mean I am getting really old.

I am heading to AZ the middle of March. Fleta has bought tickets for Robert and Hannah to go with me. We will have a spring Fling!  They will love it. This will be the first time they will ride on a plane. It will be a blast.

I am in the process of making Melissa a quilt. Well I have cut out the squares any way. LOL

Kenzie is staying with Melissa right now and Bill will be out of jail 1 month after Mom's birthday. When he went in 2 years ago I did not think I would live to see him out of Jail....But it looks like I am going to make it. Kimberly and the kids are loving their new house.

Fleta's kids have been out of school all week. Snow days here. I have been going down to their house looking after them but today Greg did not work so I am at my house. I have been doing the chores before 8 but today i have been lazy. I guess I will shut down this post and go tend to everything. Even the birds need food and water this morning.




1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

It is so good to hear about what you are doing! Keeping busy as usual I can see. It is now 32 here. First time in a while. Stay warm is my wish for you today.