Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A sunny summer day...

I have had the privilege of looking after both my sister's grand kids a few days this summer....It is a privilege, really. Kids keep you young and they are so much joy...Here the 4 of them are having horse races in the house. amusement is easy for small ones.. They are good kids and have fun together..
 Jr brought me a big rock off the hill...Then a week later while I was asleep, or held up in my air conditioned bedroom he brought another one I did not know about....When I got up Sat. morning and went outside to drink my coffee I was looking around and saw this... I texted Jr and said...Well Jr I do not know much but I do know that the first rock you brought me was a female...Because last night a big ole male rock crawled off the hill and is trying to breed her."

Sweet brother Gilbert went into the hospital Sunday. He was just over at my house Saturday evening putting up an antenna I had been bugging him  to do. He has diverticulitis. He will get out this afternoon. I will wait till tomorrow to call him to ask him to come back over and do another chore for me.                                                                                                                      
Robert
                                                                                                                                                                                       Me giving Clayton a ride on the four wheeler
      
                                                                                                                                                                                                               After I gave Greta and Clayton 2 rides I turned the job over to Hannah...I think she did much better and I just supervised... Hannah and Clayton
Hannah and Greta
More rocks brought to me by Jr,,,,I must get out there and try to make it look better....I guess I have been lazy...Clayton washed the rocks for me..LOL
I have some plants and vegetable plants in tubs...Had I known sister Fleta was going to come through with a garden I would not have bothered,,,,The reason for this picture is in the top tub there is a Jalapeno pepper plant...not even 6 inches tall and it has a pepper on it...LOL
The back side where the well house used to be...now big rocks..
Fleta gave me the copper tub I planted petuna seeds in it....maybe they need to be thinned and watered..
Here is your Birthday present Betty...If I were you I would come in the thick of the night...dump the flowers that probably will be dead soon and take Mom's kettle..Oh notice your bird feeder there.
The red bud tree is going to live...little but doing good.
No squirrel in the jar right now but Clayton and I see them in there often..He tries to go out there and catch them...I encourage it...
Notice below the house it is finally cleaned out...I cut the last limb that was in the way about 3 weeks ago..
The flower bed by Mamma's window....Needs some attention...But all I have is a black thumb..
These seem to grow....
Here is the antenna Gilbert took off his pole Sat. He put up one I had. I am taking it to George today for scrap..Plus I plopped those petunias in the swan from that planter bucket there..look pretty bad huh...


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

OH, I loved all the pictures. I know the kids are having a great time.

Think hard for something for little brother to do!

I would not want to tend all those rocks. Lots of edging.