Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Is it inherited..

We all remember Grandma Powell talking to Grandpa Powell after she gol older...and of course Grandpa was dead. She not only talked to him but she carried on two way conversations with him.

Since I have been living alone I often talk to myself. Something like, 'Well, where did I put that strainer?' When I first started this I would stop myself but lately I have just let it run wild. Yesterday in WalMart  I was looking for soy sauce. 'I said out loud,' I wonder where in the world the soy sauce is?' At that same time I passed a man in the isle and he was doing the same thing. That is talking to himself not looking for soy sauce.

But today It has escalated because Clayton has spoke to me twice today when I was talking to myself.

See,,I am making cornbread and black eye peas for supper. When I told Fleta this last night she said a mess of Polk would sure taste good with it. Today when I drove to Coin Church I noticed several small polk plants,so on the way home I decided to pick it. I was driving really slow looking for new polk plants and I noticed this other plant and I said out loud, 'That plant looks a lot like polk.'  Brother Clayton answered me as clear as if he was sitting in the shot gun seat right there by me. He said, 'MYYY GODDDDDD, there is nothing that looks like polk. I do not know how you and your Brother Gilbert got to be as old as you are no more than you know.'
I ignored him. I did pick a good mess of polk and I am cooking it right now.


Then just as I hit the corner at the bottom of the Meek hill I saw sister Fleta in front of Newberry's house. I sped up to catch her. I went to 20 and figured I would catch her between the two curves between Newberry's and Dan's....No, I could not even see any part of her truck. So I sped up to 35, Bouncing all over the dirt road. Finally when I hit the little pond she was just going past my house. I said, 'My lands, she drives fast.' Clayton replied, "I told you she drives like a bat out of hell!"

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

boil the poke through two waters. Hope you have bacon grease for it.