Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Glory Be To God!

For the past 3 weeks I have been on the go. It has gone by so fast it seems like only a week.
I have been down to MD Anderson with a friend. It seemed everywhere I looked someone was going through a troubled time. And yet I had never seen so many people put on a smile when I said Hello. I left everyone with a "God Bless you!' and they did the same to be. Md is very large... Lots of sick people, lots of staff, and I could feel lots of Gods presence in many ways. I could tell many people felt the same way. The whole place was filled with hope everywhere I went.


Then Last week I started my own medicine journey. And when you have cancer it is truly a journey. There are lots of tests, doctors, blood draws, and  procedures....But I finished that up yesterday with very good news.  With very good news and very good results. I firmly believe as Dr. Cavalcant told me, you can't cure stage 4 cancer. But for today I am not going to die from it and some people believe it can be cured. Either way we are never guaranteed any more than this moment. So I am going to enjoy it. I am glad some people believe it can be cured and by not believing it does not change my optimistic outlook for  today. It is all good!


I have had many people ask me ...'Do you ever say why me, Helen. Why did I get cancer'...I always say no, I say why not me..I am not SOOO special...But in the last 2 years I have asked myself 'why me' many many times.....Why does God grant ME all of these Blessings ,...Why does he give ME such peace....why does he bless ME with such wonderful people I meet every day...and any one reading this...it includes you!  Why did he save MY soul...Why did he save a wretch like ME....why  oh why does he love ME so....and the answer is because he is God.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Love you, Little Sister. As long as you have friend in Jesus, you sure are not alone. I hope your old friend, Sandy, gets a reprieve too.

Now, Fleta said get back to painting up and fixing up.

This day the Lord has given and rejoice in it!

Winnie said...

What joyous news...you have been in my prayers almost every waking moment...Love you!

Sister--Helen said...

Winnie you are just the best...we are so blessed to get to knoe ya