Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Being a Mom...

There is a story in the news this week of a Gilbert Mom leaving her baby in a shopping cart at the grocery store...I have been to this store many times. The woman had 4 kids. One was in school. She had with her  a 3 year old that walks by the cart when she shops, a toddler baby and a 2 or 3 month baby.


This morning her niece was having a birthday and she was at school. The mom (aunt) runs to a Fry's grocery store to pick up a bouquet of flowers to take to school to surprise her niece. I am sure the parking lot was busy no matter what time of the day. This grocery store sits next to a hair cut place like a great Clips. The Mom was in a hurry of course, I'll bet she had just drooped her oldest off at school and ran  to do this errand and then get back home.


She was able to park close to the door in one of the hair cut parking spots. She grabbed a cart which was right in  front of her van with a bunch of other carts..I have seen as many as 30 or 40 just bunched on the side walk where people leave them at a busy Fry's grocery store. She took the baby and sat her down in the cart in her child seat carrier...I'll bet the hood was up on it cause in Aug. in AZ we have to have them up even when in a car or the baby gets sun burned...The 3 year old lets herself out of her seat and probably grabs hold of the cart. Then she gets the toddler out and puts him in the front cart seat which has a broken lap belt. Therefore I am sure she had to have an eye on the toddler or they all try to stand up...


She went inside and the flowers are right by the door. She got through ck out and paid. Back outside she parked the cart back with the other mess of carts. She grabbed the toddler or he might have jumped out if she had grabbed the baby first..and flowers. She locked the toddler in his car seat. The 3 year old climbed in and buckled herself. The woman then got in and drove off...leaving the baby.


Now Fry's grocery carts are BIG...over the average grocery cart size.  Very deep. Fry's stores are the largest grocery chain in the Phx area...maybe selling more that Walmart..The carts are  made of red plastic Thick red plastic making a diagonal pattern leaving a diamond hole between the slats. the diamond shape is smaller than a 50 cent piece.If you have several of these carts parked all together you could not see through them.
The woman went to the grade school and ran in and dropped off the flowers. She may not even had to leave the car because the kids often go to a grade school in the neighborhood and almost every housing development has a school. and she might have just given them to an aid standing  or someone she knew that was walking in.


She then went through the Big M drive up to grabbed food for the kids. Then went home and pulled into the garage at that time realising she had left the baby.


Now this is awful...no way around it just awful. Awful that she did it but can you imagine how she felt...The 1st thing that would have ran through my head was what if someone found him and stole him...It had been 40 minutes!


She called her husband hysterically. Told him she left the baby at Fry's in a cart...They called the police. She ran back to the store. Her husband left work and ran to the store. Come to find out one of the hair cutters found him, brought him inside and called police.


Gilbert Police are pressing charges of child endangerment. I saw the woman and heard her talk. You could tell this was not some druggie Mama that was high...I am sure she is LDS which does not mean a lot except they put great store in their kids. I figure she is LDS by the comments made by people that knew her. Some of them I knew personally.


Now should they be pressing charges or not ...I do not really know...But if you think this could never happen to you don't be to sure...


Once I was over at my sister in laws very late doing crafts. I had my 3 kids with me and she had 4 kids...It was about 1AM when we stopped and I went home. It was summertime and the kids had a great time playing and later layed down and watched TV....When I left I forgot Billy cause he was asleep. He was about 5. As I walked into the house  Karen called and said, did you forget something...I did not think so I had all my crafts I had made...Then she said Billy...Me nor the girls realised we did not have him... He spent the night with her and was no big deal but it was shocking to think I just  left him... And I was young then and had no brain problems...


Whatever they do to this woman...and I mean whatever ...it will not compair to those minutes when she realized she had left her baby and she did not know exactly where he was....I know this  for sure..


Today I go to have my port taken out...Then tomorrow to get PET and CT results...all is good...It is a Blessed day..



No comments: