Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wednesday...

I have been busy since my last post but I can't even remember what all I have done...I made curtains for the back porch and I am almost through with painting it. I still need to paint more on the kitchen door. It is hard to see the real color of the curtains but they are mostly green and white...Very clean looking. Mom would have loved them...The gun is on Dad's old wooden gun holder that always hung over his bedroom room door ever since I can remember. I guess Clayton moved them to the back porch when he remodeled. Fleta wondered if Dad made them when he worked at Flex steel...No one to ask now that might know. We are looking to Fleta now for facts about the past...We are in a sorry state of affairs there. As Patsy would say..

My plants in the bathroom are looking pretty bad. I hang one chair on the wall over the other chair..I have moved them over by the window...Hopefully they will get more light...Who knows..I have asked Fleta...She is not interested...Then when I put up the curved shower rod...which I really like...I hung the old one inside the shower and hung baskets to hold the shampoo etc..It works good..There is almost no ledge space in this tub..

 My plants in the L/R growing in water...Betty gave me most of the old bottles...some were left in the shed by Clayton..
 The rose bush I planted this year and I have been able to keep the goats out of it...In the swan is a vine I pulled out of the yard and the geranium I am now trying to grow in pat's bucket...It is doing better all ready...
 Today I am going to caulk some...The lower side of the house and on the east side here where Gilbert screwed in new window boards..Then it will need another coat of paint..
 The well house slab...and the cement bird bath I picked up at a garage sale...3 bucks...Fleta said it was ugly...it kind of is...
 I shot this snake yesterday..It was living under the house...After I shot it...It's head was sticking out of the crack..I pulled it out before it could slink back into the porch...
 The porch is really nice in the mornings...and soon will be nice all day long...great in the fall and winter to sit on...Then the afternoon sun feels good...Now about 4 it is really hot...
 The few tomato plants Fleta and I share...yesterday we both got 3 each...that is enough for us to eat...we both love tomatoes.. I don't think Fleta shares hers with her family... There are one or two that will be ready soon...I ate one of mine last night..

The old dresser that was on Claytons back porch...I am painting it and going to put some sort of design on it ...not sure what yet,...It needs a few more coats of white...I am not sure where mom had it but I think it was hers..

Last night late...While I was in the cool air conditioned bedroom... 
I decided to  cook an angel food cake and banana bread. I had some with my morning coffee...Glad I baked it last night. The house was  cool this morning...


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Everything you are doing is beautiful!

Wonder what the porch would look like painted again?