Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 25, 2015

There should be a flag flying today..

Daddy would have been 100 today. I am sure he was glad he died when he did.

I have been busy...painting, cleaning, fixing things...Today I am going to put the last coat of paint on the back porch and it will be painted. It does look good. Reminds me of the old home place. The other night I told Fleta she should start coming in the back door again. Remember that used to be our main door. So about a week ago she tried it. I was painting and had a ton of stuff piled in front of the door. But now it is put away and old Sister can come in the back again...

I will get curtains up next week. I have spray painted some old rods Clayton had in the shed. I am sure they were ones  that used to be in the house before he put up fancy ones.

I have been putting junk on the well house slab. I have 2 hanging plants now out there on a Shepard's hook. and yesterday I bought a cement bird bath at a garage sale foe $3.00. I hauled it in the seat of the Vette. I had to but a $1.00 mattress cover to put on the seat as not to damage the seat. I got it home and out safe and sound but it was all I could do to lift it out of the car.

I spray painted the iron post holding up the porch. I just did it this morning. I just used rustolem spray paint. It will need at least one more coat.   It's gray but that's about all I can say about it. It was rust, red, and blue...so at least now it is all one color.

I have been waging war on the wasps on the east side of the house. I have ran them off on the front porch. I am so glad. I have such sores where I have been stung.

I washed 2 loads of clothes yesterday and hung them out. It has been hot and they dry fast.

I have picked 4 good tomatoes off my plants. I am amazed I have even gotten one. I really do not have a green thumb.

I bought 2 geranium plants a few weeks ago.  They were the half priced bad looking ones...I put them in the old kettle out front with a bunch of petunias. They did not do worth anything.  The petunias just over took them.So I moved them to the long cattle feeder planter in front...still did not go good because it is not very deep...So today I planted them in Pat's old 3 gallon bucket I got from Sam...We will see if they do any good there. On the other hand...In the living room north window sill I have Basil, spearmint, another mint, sweet potato vines, and another vine I pulled out of the yard...They are all looking great...they are all in jars of water....They have all rooted but when I plant them they may all die....Except the basil...I can really grow basil...It must be real easy...

On the back porch the outside door is one of our original ones from the house. It has been cut down on the top and the hinge side to fit the small opening. I do not remember it being cut but you can easily tell. I know Daddy must have done it....But it looks more like something brother would have done. I still shake my head when I look at the hollow core front door he put in and I wonder what happened to the old solid wood front door he took out.


1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I saw a surprise lily today, fall is just around the corner!!