Total Pageviews

Friday, July 31, 2015

Beautiful....

weather... The past two days have been just great. Not to hot.

I did caulk some on the house. Then I painted a second coat of trim paint on the porch, north side, and east side on the house.

I mowed the yard last night and I apparently let it get to tall again. I just looks bad. The cuttings are so thick laying on the ground. It was still wet also. We have not had rain in several days but the grass is so thick it is not drying out.

I cleaned the Coin Church this morning and then went down and cleaned JR's. He will probably be home tonight. At least I would think he would be home. He has been out of town some this week. I'll bet he is tired.

I really wanted to drive to Washington State this fall. But I looked and it is a BUNCH of miles...Plus I looked up the average temperature in Dec. for the states, South Dakota, Iowa, and Montana and it was very cold....and cold means ice or snow so I guess that is out. I had not breathed a word of that to anyone except my Krissi....She is the only one that would have not thought I had lost my last marble...Which I guess is about right. But I am let down. You know if I am not fit to drive it now I never will be able to. I am afraid it is only down hill from  this age on...

I had not mentioned on the blog but Melissa got married 7/27 in Gilbert AZ. Her and her new husband plus Benjamin and a friend of his are vacationing in Hawaii for the next several days. I think she gets home around 8/7.

Also Krissi and three of the kids are in AZ right now.. She drove down and Darrel and mac stayed home. Then about 8/8 Darrel and Mackenzie are flying to LA and Kris and the 3 kids are driving over and they are all going to Disney Land. It will be a fun time for all. Then Kris just found out she got a full time Kindergarten position at Jake and Amanda's grade school. She is very happy about that.

I picked 8 or 9 tomatoes today. I have not shared with Fleta yet. I did make some great salsa. It only took two because they are pretty good sized. I had jalapenos from my plants also and some cilantro I grew. Then I added some garlic, bell pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and lime juice. It is delicious! I can even eat it with a spoon!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Clayton's birthday, I won't forget!

Galla Creek said...

Congrats to missy! I wish she would send us a picture.

So proud kris for a full time job. I know she loves working.
Her kids are not babies anymore!!

You can not drive to Washington!!! That is not something
You can do. Forget it!!

Cooler here today. In morning cool again. Erin and all
Are coming down.

Galla Creek said...

July 27 not June 27, Erin .

Erin said...

Still easy to remember as I'm a lot younger than you two.

Galla Creek said...

Helen, did you ever ride a motorcycle from Arizona to Arkansas?