Total Pageviews

Friday, May 15, 2015

Bump on a log..

not today...Today I was busy.
I decided last night I was going to patch some plaster on the outside of the house, unless it rains today. I was pretty sure it would rain. So I said to myself if it rains I will clean off the back porch. I was sitting on the couch this morning wondering if I was going to get to plaster...Then here came the rain.


I started on the back porch and realized most of the stuff I had back there needed to go in Clayton's shed. I had been meaning to clean out the shed for quiet awhile So since I had Jr's truck parked in the yard I backed it up to the door of the shed. Then I started pitching...It always tickles me when I look at things Clayton has done... After I moved enough junk to get in the shed and started cleaning out the far corner. I realized Clayton had raised small chicks on the corner. He had built a pin there. Full of saw dust and chicken feed and poo.. Also I found more of his electrical cords strung all over...Lights, feeders, waters, all things needed for baby chicks...oh yes and chicken medicines........He was a hoot.


 But when I got it all cleaned and swept up I had the bed of Jr;s truck full of junk and trash. I am sure the sawdust, mouse nests and dirt would have filled a 55 gallon drum. No joke. So I drove the truck down and asked George if I could dump it in his burn hole. I did have a back up plan. If George had said no I was just going to drive it down to Jr's ...Park it and walk back home. You know that ain't my Circus, ain't my monkeys....But George let me dump it.
 I then came in and moved all of my tools and things like that to the shed. Now the back porch is clean ...and so is the shed.


I just saw Fleta and George riding on the 4 wheeler. They were going very slow and Fleta was holding on.


I have to pick Emily up at 3. She has ball practice at 4. I will pick her up at school and haul her to the ball park. I usually come home instead of staying there. But today I might take a book and sit and read. The practice is 2 hours. I have a feeling she is going to want me to haul her and Sam to Harrison tonight. I overheard talk of them wanting to go to the Crawdad Festival. They did not ask me for a ride but I think it is coming. Well it's not like I have pressing things to do for me....and JR is awful good to me so I imagine I will be down at Harrison tonight.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I wish u had taken a pic of the clean shed or the clean back porch.